Classic BYU and USU matchups on general conference weekend
It's become a tradition.
Families coming together to watch, learn and be edified.
First by taking in the Utah State-BYU game on Friday, then enjoying LDS general conference on Saturday and Sunday.
On a weekend where members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints look forward to spiritual messages from LDS Church leaders, the BYU-USU football game has provide a fun prelude on Friday night.
There have been some fun games over the years, starting in 1922 and going on up to the increased intensity of the last three games, which included an Aggie victory in 2010 and two close BYU wins in 2011 and 2012.
It's not Utah-BYU, but it's still an important game, said BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall.
“It’s a different kind of rivalry. I’m not saying it’s better or worse,” he said. “It’s just different — and I think it should be. Different teams, a little bit more distance, but I think it’s a great game and it has been the past number of years that it’s gone right down to the end.”
Email: email@example.com Twitter: tbtoone
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Hodgson leaves job on humiliating night for...
- Lindros' wait over as he headlines Hockey...
- Pat Summitt, winningest coach in D1 history,...
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 66
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 24
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 22