Classic BYU and USU matchups on general conference weekend
It's become a tradition.
Families coming together to watch, learn and be edified.
First by taking in the Utah State-BYU game on Friday, then enjoying LDS general conference on Saturday and Sunday.
On a weekend where members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints look forward to spiritual messages from LDS Church leaders, the BYU-USU football game has provide a fun prelude on Friday night.
There have been some fun games over the years, starting in 1922 and going on up to the increased intensity of the last three games, which included an Aggie victory in 2010 and two close BYU wins in 2011 and 2012.
It's not Utah-BYU, but it's still an important game, said BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall.
“It’s a different kind of rivalry. I’m not saying it’s better or worse,” he said. “It’s just different — and I think it should be. Different teams, a little bit more distance, but I think it’s a great game and it has been the past number of years that it’s gone right down to the end.”
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: tbtoone
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- Poll: Many Brazilians think Olympic Games...
- AP source: ACC, ESPN to launch ACC Network in...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- NCAA: No. 1 overall seed to choose tourney...
- IOC explores legal options on banning all...
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 126
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: National college... 74
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 57
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 52
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Annual instate college basketball... 37