Classic BYU and USU matchups on general conference weekend
It's become a tradition.
Families coming together to watch, learn and be edified.
First by taking in the Utah State-BYU game on Friday, then enjoying LDS general conference on Saturday and Sunday.
On a weekend where members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints look forward to spiritual messages from LDS Church leaders, the BYU-USU football game has provide a fun prelude on Friday night.
There have been some fun games over the years, starting in 1922 and going on up to the increased intensity of the last three games, which included an Aggie victory in 2010 and two close BYU wins in 2011 and 2012.
It's not Utah-BYU, but it's still an important game, said BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall.
“It’s a different kind of rivalry. I’m not saying it’s better or worse,” he said. “It’s just different — and I think it should be. Different teams, a little bit more distance, but I think it’s a great game and it has been the past number of years that it’s gone right down to the end.”
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: tbtoone
- Copper Hills lives up to expectations with...
- For Star Lotulelei, Super Bowl loss leaves...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- Rudy Gobert made Suns pay for fouling strategy
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the road...
- Mike Sorensen: Manning's storybook ending...
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to Pacific,...
- Oregon overpowers Utes for 76-66 victory
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 102
- Morning links: Grading the BYU, Utah... 84
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 64
- 5-star LDS linebacker prospect Mique... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Brad Rock: Recruiting day puts Utes in... 29
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 23
- Defense, rebounding, big second half... 22