Classic BYU and USU matchups on general conference weekend
It's become a tradition.
Families coming together to watch, learn and be edified.
First by taking in the Utah State-BYU game on Friday, then enjoying LDS general conference on Saturday and Sunday.
On a weekend where members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints look forward to spiritual messages from LDS Church leaders, the BYU-USU football game has provide a fun prelude on Friday night.
There have been some fun games over the years, starting in 1922 and going on up to the increased intensity of the last three games, which included an Aggie victory in 2010 and two close BYU wins in 2011 and 2012.
It's not Utah-BYU, but it's still an important game, said BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall.
“It’s a different kind of rivalry. I’m not saying it’s better or worse,” he said. “It’s just different — and I think it should be. Different teams, a little bit more distance, but I think it’s a great game and it has been the past number of years that it’s gone right down to the end.”
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: tbtoone
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- ESPN highlights BYU basketball's roster...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 106
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 52
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27