Classic BYU and USU matchups on general conference weekend
It's become a tradition.
Families coming together to watch, learn and be edified.
First by taking in the Utah State-BYU game on Friday, then enjoying LDS general conference on Saturday and Sunday.
On a weekend where members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints look forward to spiritual messages from LDS Church leaders, the BYU-USU football game has provide a fun prelude on Friday night.
There have been some fun games over the years, starting in 1922 and going on up to the increased intensity of the last three games, which included an Aggie victory in 2010 and two close BYU wins in 2011 and 2012.
It's not Utah-BYU, but it's still an important game, said BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall.
“It’s a different kind of rivalry. I’m not saying it’s better or worse,” he said. “It’s just different — and I think it should be. Different teams, a little bit more distance, but I think it’s a great game and it has been the past number of years that it’s gone right down to the end.”
Email: email@example.com Twitter: tbtoone
- Jabari Parker posts photo of himself with LDS...
- For his brothers: American Fork family with 4...
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior season
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high...
- Felt's Facts, championship edition: Breaking...
- Return to Utah allows Southern Virginia...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The championship edition
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars past...
- Dick Harmon: Outwardly lobbying Big 12... 136
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 88
- Runnin' Utes lose defensive battle at... 68
- BYU to welcome FCS team Savannah State... 39
- Utes still have outside chance at... 28
- Brady Poppinga: From an early age I... 24
- Utah moves up to No. 20/21 after... 22
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21