BYU cross-country: Cougars face top teams at Notre Dame Invitational
The BYU women’s cross-country team is heading to Indiana this weekend for the 58th Annual Notre Dame Invitational. BYU, ranked No. 28 by the USTFCCCA, will be racing alongside seven other nationally ranked NCAA Division I teams Friday.
“It’s going to be a great race with some of the top teams,” head coach Patrick Shane said. “We’re going to have an opportunity to compete against some great competition.”
Other teams participating include No. 2 Florida State, No. 4 Duke, No. 15 New Mexico, No. 19 Notre Dame, No. 20 Butler, No. 24 conference rival San Francisco and No. 30 Princeton.
BYU has a team goal to qualify for the NCAA nationals this year, and its performance at the Notre Dame Invitational this weekend will be a good indicator of its chances for qualifying.
BYU turned in an impressive performance two weeks ago at the Autumn Classic with the first five Cougars finishing in the top 10 and the first 10 in the top 20. The invitational this weekend will be much deeper and provide more competition to test the squad’s talent.
The race will take place Friday afternoon at 4:15 ET. Complete results will be available on UND's website following the final races Friday evening.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- BYU's 25-point win over UConn best margin of...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 52
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 50
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks... 41
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 36
- Peavler: Why the UConn game won't be a... 36
- BYU Cougars video: Jeff Call tells us... 33
- Dick Harmon: It's Taysom Hill time on... 28