BYU cross-country: Cougars face top teams at Notre Dame Invitational
The BYU women’s cross-country team is heading to Indiana this weekend for the 58th Annual Notre Dame Invitational. BYU, ranked No. 28 by the USTFCCCA, will be racing alongside seven other nationally ranked NCAA Division I teams Friday.
“It’s going to be a great race with some of the top teams,” head coach Patrick Shane said. “We’re going to have an opportunity to compete against some great competition.”
Other teams participating include No. 2 Florida State, No. 4 Duke, No. 15 New Mexico, No. 19 Notre Dame, No. 20 Butler, No. 24 conference rival San Francisco and No. 30 Princeton.
BYU has a team goal to qualify for the NCAA nationals this year, and its performance at the Notre Dame Invitational this weekend will be a good indicator of its chances for qualifying.
BYU turned in an impressive performance two weeks ago at the Autumn Classic with the first five Cougars finishing in the top 10 and the first 10 in the top 20. The invitational this weekend will be much deeper and provide more competition to test the squad’s talent.
The race will take place Friday afternoon at 4:15 ET. Complete results will be available on UND's website following the final races Friday evening.
- Top 25 QB seasons in BYU history, part 1
- Local flavor in the NBA (and beyond):...
- Top 25 QB seasons in BYU history, part 2
- Former BYU wide receiver Cody Hoffman rejoins...
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat about this...
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's open to...
- Reports: BYU's Chase Fischer to play for...
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts addiction by...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 103
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 81
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 16
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 12
- Reports: BYU's Chase Fischer to play... 4