While Mitt played it straight in SLC, Ann Romney spoke up on Fox News
Talk about contrasting styles.
On Wednesday, a focused Mitt Romney spoke for 45 minutes at the fall convocation of the University of Utah's business school. The Deseret News’ Lisa Riley Roche reported that Romney looked “relaxed” while he talked about not wanting to run for president again and his policy positions for middle-of-the-road issues such as “dealing with the nation's deficit and growing debt, (and) the ability of the United States to compete in the world, education, and immigration reform.”
Several hours before Romney’s address in Salt Lake City, his wife, Ann Romney, was in New York City for an appearance on “Fox & Friends.” And unlike Mitt, she spoke at length about still feeling frustrated with the outcome of the 2012 election.
Per the Huffington Post, Ann Romney said, “Well, it’s frustrating. It’s frustrating for me that a lot of Americans never got to see Mitt for the real candidate that he was. There’s so much vilifying that goes on in a campaign. You know that’s going to come, but for me at the end of the day, if people had honestly known he was the most capable candidate, that he would have made a difference, he would have stopped Obamacare. We would not be in a shutdown.”
Ann Romney appeared on “Fox & Friends” to promote her new cookbook, “The Romney Family Table: Sharing Home-Cooked Recipes & Favorite Traditions.”
“The book is about bringing people to the table,” she said on-air Wednesday. “It’s about having the conversations, the meaningful moments in life. And I’ve got to tell you, in Washington right now, with all the craziness, I would like to invite everyone to come to my table, sit down, have some coffee cake and let’s not get up from the table till we’ve got it figured out.”
- 'The Voice' returns Monday with Pharrell,...
- Tense hunt in trooper ambush case hits 8 days
- Student debt pushing some retirees toward...
- Security breached: Intruder gets into White...
- Second man arrested trying to enter White...
- 11 best—and worst—state tax systems
- Secret Service boosts security outside White...
- How much America wants to be taxed
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 19
- School police stock up on free military... 11
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Security breached: Intruder gets into... 9
- How much America wants to be taxed 8
- New Jersey loses 4th casino as Trump... 5
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt... 5
- Dempsey: Half of Iraqi army not OK as... 4