While Mitt played it straight in SLC, Ann Romney spoke up on Fox News
Talk about contrasting styles.
On Wednesday, a focused Mitt Romney spoke for 45 minutes at the fall convocation of the University of Utah's business school. The Deseret News’ Lisa Riley Roche reported that Romney looked “relaxed” while he talked about not wanting to run for president again and his policy positions for middle-of-the-road issues such as “dealing with the nation's deficit and growing debt, (and) the ability of the United States to compete in the world, education, and immigration reform.”
Several hours before Romney’s address in Salt Lake City, his wife, Ann Romney, was in New York City for an appearance on “Fox & Friends.” And unlike Mitt, she spoke at length about still feeling frustrated with the outcome of the 2012 election.
Per the Huffington Post, Ann Romney said, “Well, it’s frustrating. It’s frustrating for me that a lot of Americans never got to see Mitt for the real candidate that he was. There’s so much vilifying that goes on in a campaign. You know that’s going to come, but for me at the end of the day, if people had honestly known he was the most capable candidate, that he would have made a difference, he would have stopped Obamacare. We would not be in a shutdown.”
Ann Romney appeared on “Fox & Friends” to promote her new cookbook, “The Romney Family Table: Sharing Home-Cooked Recipes & Favorite Traditions.”
“The book is about bringing people to the table,” she said on-air Wednesday. “It’s about having the conversations, the meaningful moments in life. And I’ve got to tell you, in Washington right now, with all the craziness, I would like to invite everyone to come to my table, sit down, have some coffee cake and let’s not get up from the table till we’ve got it figured out.”
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Hobby Lobby,...
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience
- Obama maintains busy fundraising schedule,...
- Plan to simplify 2015 health renewals may...
- Taiwan plane crash survivor crawls out of...
- A new initiative from the Obama...
- Bills aim to bring marriage, family law into...
- Hamas calls for end to blockade of Gaza... 25
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Obama fundraises for Dems; demands GOP... 21
- Feds cap fines for not buying health... 21
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 18
- Ted Cruz demands answers on FAA flight... 16
- After government topples crosses in... 14
- Varying health premium subsidy amounts... 13