Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
OGDEN — Volunteers from Home Depot honored a servant of the country by renovating his home.
More than 10 volunteers from The Home Depot’s army of associate volunteers along with other community partners worked at the home of Doug Ferguson, a disabled Vietnam War veteran. This effort in Ogden is part of The Home Depot Foundation’s third annual Celebration of Service campaign, a two-month initiative between September 11 and Veterans Day.
Volunteer projects throughout the day included installing new flooring, drain repair, resealing the foundation of the home and extending steps on the porch.
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Doug Robinson: Looking back on a cop's career
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Man, 69, missing after his boat capsizes in...
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in... 56
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 32
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 11
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Man charged with killing baby in Ogden... 8
- Circleville farmers scratching their... 8