Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
OGDEN — Volunteers from Home Depot honored a servant of the country by renovating his home.
More than 10 volunteers from The Home Depot’s army of associate volunteers along with other community partners worked at the home of Doug Ferguson, a disabled Vietnam War veteran. This effort in Ogden is part of The Home Depot Foundation’s third annual Celebration of Service campaign, a two-month initiative between September 11 and Veterans Day.
Volunteer projects throughout the day included installing new flooring, drain repair, resealing the foundation of the home and extending steps on the porch.
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence for...
- Supporters for traditional marriage focus on...
- Astronomers find massive black hole in tiny...
- Darrien's day: Controversy put aside as man...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Bystanders flip SUV to rescue teen from river
- U.S. approaching 'sudden' phase of...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 117
- Police break silence about... 50
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 40
- Friends, family, strangers gather at... 35
- New definition of homeless would give... 29
- Utah, Western states say feds are all... 26
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 22
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20