Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
OGDEN — Volunteers from Home Depot honored a servant of the country by renovating his home.
More than 10 volunteers from The Home Depot’s army of associate volunteers along with other community partners worked at the home of Doug Ferguson, a disabled Vietnam War veteran. This effort in Ogden is part of The Home Depot Foundation’s third annual Celebration of Service campaign, a two-month initiative between September 11 and Veterans Day.
Volunteer projects throughout the day included installing new flooring, drain repair, resealing the foundation of the home and extending steps on the porch.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Missing Millard County woman's body found...
- Teen leads Humane Society service project to...
- Co-workers help Syracuse mother conquer daily...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11