UPDATE ON MARVIN: Veteran guard Marvin Williams continues on his road to recovery from offseason surgery to repair a sore right heel and Achilles tendon.
With an anticipated recovery time of at least six months, Williams is not expected to return to the floor until December.
"It’s going to be a little while, from what I understand, but he’s working his butt off to try and get ready," Corbin said. "We’ve just got to wait and see how his body responds."
When it comes to nailing down a specific date, Corbin said he would defer to Williams and the athletic training staff.
"I’m going to listen to Briggs and the doctors and Marvin on that," he said. "He’s coming along. We want to make sure we’re doing the right things by him so when he’s back, he’s back for the long haul and not just coming back and getting hurt again."
Williams, who is entering his second season with the Jazz and his ninth in the league, averaged a career-low 7.2 points per game on 42 percent shooting a year ago.
Still, Corbin appreciates Williams' experience and leadership with such a young incoming roster.
"Who he is, how he conducts himself, the leadership ability that he has, the respect for the game and his teammates that he has," Corbin said. "All those things will help us grow."
Sarah Thomas earned a degree in Mathematics from the University of Utah and is currently pursuing an MBA at Westminster College. She has been covering sports for the Deseret News since 2008.
- Boise State blasts BYU 55-30, Mendenhall...
- Dick Harmon: Boise State embarrasses a...
- High school football: State tournament pairings
- Plenty of blame to go around for Cougars...
- Utah-USC: Battle of ranked teams at...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz wrap up preseason play at 5-3...
- Former BYU Cougar and returned missionary...
- BYU football report card: Boise State's big...
- Boise State blasts BYU 55-30,... 113
- Dick Harmon: Utes climb on big stage;... 75
- Dick Harmon: Boise State embarrasses a... 61
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some... 26
- Utes picked to finish 2nd in Pac-12... 24
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 21
- Beast mode: Utah running back Devontae... 18
- BYU walk-on Carter makes most of... 18