As your guests and the food arrive, have sticky notes or labels available for guests to jot their name on their bowl or platter. This will help guests pick up their personal items at the end of the evening. If a guest leaves early, you will know to whom a dish belongs for returning at a later time.
Your creativity can really come through when selecting the invitation. I have turned large recipe cards into invitations using a word processor and home printer. Since much information will need to be included, blank cards work well.
Besides the date, time and location, include a theme if you have selected one, menu category you would like provided, or the special project you are assigning the attendee. Be sure you have an envelope to fit the card.
I also ask each person to bring five to 10 copies of their recipe to display right beside the dish on the buffet so people can take the recipe
CRAB CAKE SLIDERS
1 cup mayonnaise
1 large egg
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon hot chili sauce (Sriracha recommended)
2 green onions finely chopped
1 teaspoon dill
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
½ cup bread crumbs
½ lemon, zested and juiced
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 cup jumbo lump crab meat
½ cup all-purpose flour, for dusting
12 slider buns
Combine mayonnaise, egg, Dijon mustard and hot chili sauce in a large bowl. Using a wire whisk, mix until well blended. Add green onions, dill, parsley, bread crumbs, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix well.
Gently fold in crab meat and mix gently. Try not to break the crab meat. Carefully divide mixture into 12 patties and dust with flour. Place patties into frying pan with oil. Sauté on medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes. Turn carefully and cook for 4 to 6 minutes on the other side. Drain on paper towel. When completely cooked, top with horseradish aioli.
1 cup mayonnaise
¼ cup prepared horseradish
1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
1 teaspoon salt
Mix all ingredients well in a small bowl.
Serves: 8 hearty portions
3 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
4 tablespoons sour cream
2 large egg yolks
1 cup milk or cream
salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
3 pounds ground beef or ground turkey
4 carrots, peeled and chopped
1 large onion, chopped
4 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 ½ cup beef stock or broth
2 teaspoons Worcestershire
- Lexi Walker sings 'Let It Go' solo with One...
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- How to eat on just $4 a day
- How to miss a childhood: The dangers of...
- Stranger donates vehicle to Bountiful...
- The Clean Cut: Beluga whale teases children...
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- The Clean Cut: Mothers brought to tears in...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 58
- How to miss a childhood: The dangers of... 31
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 31
- Provo company creates program that... 17
- How your premarital experiences can... 12
- Amy Donaldson: Critics of the ALS Ice... 12
- Raising a kid will cost you $245,000... 11
- Lexi Walker sings 'Let It Go' solo with... 9