As your guests and the food arrive, have sticky notes or labels available for guests to jot their name on their bowl or platter. This will help guests pick up their personal items at the end of the evening. If a guest leaves early, you will know to whom a dish belongs for returning at a later time.
Your creativity can really come through when selecting the invitation. I have turned large recipe cards into invitations using a word processor and home printer. Since much information will need to be included, blank cards work well.
Besides the date, time and location, include a theme if you have selected one, menu category you would like provided, or the special project you are assigning the attendee. Be sure you have an envelope to fit the card.
I also ask each person to bring five to 10 copies of their recipe to display right beside the dish on the buffet so people can take the recipe
CRAB CAKE SLIDERS
1 cup mayonnaise
1 large egg
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon hot chili sauce (Sriracha recommended)
2 green onions finely chopped
1 teaspoon dill
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
½ cup bread crumbs
½ lemon, zested and juiced
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 cup jumbo lump crab meat
½ cup all-purpose flour, for dusting
12 slider buns
Combine mayonnaise, egg, Dijon mustard and hot chili sauce in a large bowl. Using a wire whisk, mix until well blended. Add green onions, dill, parsley, bread crumbs, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix well.
Gently fold in crab meat and mix gently. Try not to break the crab meat. Carefully divide mixture into 12 patties and dust with flour. Place patties into frying pan with oil. Sauté on medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes. Turn carefully and cook for 4 to 6 minutes on the other side. Drain on paper towel. When completely cooked, top with horseradish aioli.
1 cup mayonnaise
¼ cup prepared horseradish
1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
1 teaspoon salt
Mix all ingredients well in a small bowl.
Serves: 8 hearty portions
3 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
4 tablespoons sour cream
2 large egg yolks
1 cup milk or cream
salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
3 pounds ground beef or ground turkey
4 carrots, peeled and chopped
1 large onion, chopped
4 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 ½ cup beef stock or broth
2 teaspoons Worcestershire
- The Clean Cut: After dad's death, brother...
- She paid for a family's groceries and got...
- Can you guess when these 17 animated Disney...
- Pornography conference probes perils, solutions
- There is no such thing as a bulletproof marriage
- Erin Stewart: Saying goodbye to a mommy era
- The problems grandparents face when...
- A letter to my boys: The real reason I say no...
- Pornography conference probes perils,... 6
- Erin Stewart: Saying goodbye to a mommy... 5
- She paid for a family's groceries and... 5
- Schooled by autism: 5 lessons from my... 3
- Ask Mr. Dad: How to handle stress of... 2
- Sherry Young: Protecting our family in... 2
- What causes do men care about? Kids and... 1
- There is no such thing as a bulletproof... 1