Despite a government shutdown orchestrated as a protest to the Affordable Care Act, the health care exchanges set up to allow people to shop for health care plans went up today, and the individual mandate is now law, leaving people with a few months to either gain insurance, or be forced to pay a fine.
Face the Facts USA has created an info-graphic to better help explain the individual mandate penalty:
- My view: hippies, 2 Hell's Angels, one...
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- Is it time for our first woman president?
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Radon, the unrecognized killer
- Government works best when it's not on autopilot
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- H. David Burton: Calling on local leaders to...
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 16
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13
- In our opinion: National security and... 13
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 13
- John Florez: Businesses should help pay... 10