Idaho man dies after car rear-ends truck in Cache County
LEWISTON, Cache County — An Idaho man was killed Monday on U.S. 91 when the car he was driving rear-ended a flatbed farm truck hauling grain near the Utah-Idaho border.
The driver was Alan B. Short, 37, of Preston, Idaho.
The crash occurred at 5:49 p.m. near Lewiston when a northbound truck slowed to a stop in the left lane to make a left turn into a pasture and was rear-ended by a car at highway speed, Utah Highway Patrol Cpl. Todd Johnson said.
There were no passengers in either vehicle, and the 16-year-old driver of the truck was uninjured.
— Madeleine Brown
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 68
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15
- Lawmakers hear support for Medicaid... 15