How a father came to love the daughter with Down syndrome he wanted to abort (+video)
"It was just my way of repenting," White said. "Chances are that she never would have known the way I felt before she was born. That could have been my dirty secret that I kept with me forever. But I didn't want it to be a secret, I wanted her to know that she was everything to me."
On March 4, 2012, White pushed Paisley for the last time. Although that time together has meant the world to him, he now knows that his daughter doesn't need him to push her anymore.
"It's bigger than Paisley. Paisley can play, Paisley can go, Paisley doesn't need me to push her," White said. "It was pretty emotional knowing that it was the last time. Over the couple of years we'd become a team."
Jennifer White also expressed the change that she has seen in her husband.
"Initially Heath had said, 'I don't want to take care of somebody for the rest of my life,'" Jennifer White said in the video. "I think now he looks at it and says, 'Oh my goodness, I may not get to take care of her the rest of her life.' "
In the end, White said that after looking within himself and really looking within his daughter, he's finally recognized what "perfect" actually means.
"Everything I've done, everything I've tried to accomplish, it was never going to be perfect," he said. "But my love for Paisley is perfect. I'm always going to be there to make sure she gets to the finish line."
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- Can you name the celebrity voices behind...
- Film about man's crusade against child sex...
- Do moms need a purpose beyond motherhood?
- 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' cast...
- John Lennon audio interviews surface on 'I'm...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir to carry on tradition...
- Students test interactive experiences ahead...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Tipping points:... 37
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 27
- Elizabeth Smart talks forgiveness and... 24
- Get married, stay married? No fault... 14
- Wright Words: Despite horrific fire,... 12
- 'Heaven is for Real' delivers a... 9
- Do moms need a purpose beyond motherhood? 8
- How early is too early for education? 6