How a father came to love the daughter with Down syndrome he wanted to abort (+video)
"It was just my way of repenting," White said. "Chances are that she never would have known the way I felt before she was born. That could have been my dirty secret that I kept with me forever. But I didn't want it to be a secret, I wanted her to know that she was everything to me."
On March 4, 2012, White pushed Paisley for the last time. Although that time together has meant the world to him, he now knows that his daughter doesn't need him to push her anymore.
"It's bigger than Paisley. Paisley can play, Paisley can go, Paisley doesn't need me to push her," White said. "It was pretty emotional knowing that it was the last time. Over the couple of years we'd become a team."
Jennifer White also expressed the change that she has seen in her husband.
"Initially Heath had said, 'I don't want to take care of somebody for the rest of my life,'" Jennifer White said in the video. "I think now he looks at it and says, 'Oh my goodness, I may not get to take care of her the rest of her life.' "
In the end, White said that after looking within himself and really looking within his daughter, he's finally recognized what "perfect" actually means.
"Everything I've done, everything I've tried to accomplish, it was never going to be perfect," he said. "But my love for Paisley is perfect. I'm always going to be there to make sure she gets to the finish line."
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- Lost recording of an interview with 1867...
- Utah husband wins 'Most Memorable Moment'...
- Little difference between PG-13 and R-rated...
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing you...
- One thing that changes every marriage
- A mother's voice: Remembering Emilie a year...
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be... 18
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and... 17
- What you think of welfare program... 15
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing... 11
- Little difference between PG-13 and... 11
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Ann and Mitt... 11
- One year since Sandy Hook: 'Evil did... 10
- 'Sound of Music' hit a high note for... 9