BYU volleyball: Cougars hit the road for first time in conference play
PROVO – The BYU women’s volleyball team heads to California for a pair of road conference matches on Thursday and Saturday against Pepperdine and Loyola Marymount.
The Cougars improved to 10-3 (3-0 WCC) last week with a five-set victory over Saint Mary’s and a three-set sweep against conference newcomer Pacific. BYU is the last remaining undefeated team in the West Coast Conference.
On Thursday, Oct. 3, at 8 p.m. PDT, the Cougars face off against Pepperdine (8-4, 2-2 WCC). This will be the 23rd matchup between the two squads. BYU leads the overall series, 14-8. The Cougars swept the Waves in the series during the 2012 season.
Pepperdine finished 20-12 overall (8-8 WCC) in the 2012 season and returns four starters to this year’s team.
BYU faces Loyola Marymount (8-5, 3-1 WCC) on Saturday, Oct. 5, at 12 p.m. PDT. The Cougars are undefeated against the Lions, including a series sweep last season, and lead the overall series, 6-0.
Loyola Marymount returns five starters plus its libero to a team that finished 18-13 (8-8 WCC) in 2012.
Thursday’s match will be broadcast live on ESPNU. Links to live stats can be found on the BYU women’s volleyball schedule page.
Royce Hinton is the women's volleyball sports information director for BYU Athletic Communications.
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- College football countdown No. 45: Harvey Unga
- BYU quarterback Taysom Hill explains why he's...
- Report: Houston AD meets with Pac-12...
- Young cancer patient gives former Cougar Kyle...
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup: Baylor,...
- Twitter reacts to Big 12 expansion developments
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 122
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 67
- Morning links: National college... 65
- Report: Houston AD meets with Pac-12... 60
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 48
- Annual instate college basketball... 37