Jaren Wilkey/BYU, Jaren Wilkey/BYU
PROVO – Sophomore outside hitter Alexa Gray won her first West Coast Conference Player of the Week award of the season after leading the BYU women's volleyball team to a pair of home wins against conference foes Saint Mary's and Pacific.
Gray recorded 33 kills, while hitting a .441 clip, and added three digs and seven total blocks in the two victories.
The Cougars (10-3, 3-0 WCC) first took on the Gaels on Thursday. They were led to a win by Gray's 21 kills, three digs and five total blocks in the five-set victory. Gray hit a .452 clip against Saint Mary's, accounting for just two errors.
BYU then took on conference newcomer Pacific on Saturday. The Cougars swept the Tigers, again led by Gray. She had 12 kills from 26 attempts for .423 hitting with just one error in the Cougars' third straight conference win. Gray also contributed two block assists in the three-set victory.
The Cougars are the only undefeated conference team remaining in the WCC. They continue play Thursday at Pepperdine. The match will be broadcast live on ESPNU at 8 p.m. PDT.
Royce Hinton is the women's volleyball sports information director for BYU Athletic Communications.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head coach...
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- BYU closes season with painful loss in Miami...
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all brawl...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 170
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 51
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 43
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars... 26
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off... 21