From a networking point of view, attendees such as entrepreneur Steve McGhie, 46, of Highland, said the event is an excellent way to interact with others who may operate in some of same business and social circles.
“For me, getting to know other business owners is important,” he explained. “I enjoy the social aspects and find a lot of value and resource in knowing those people.”
McGhie said attending such an event allows him to expand his network of contacts, as well as “experience new things and to grow.”
Having recently purchased a new home through Influence, McGhie said he was not looking to move but would reach out to people he knows who are considering a new home regarding the Zolman property.
Also attending for the networking opportunities was Ronnie Daniel, development director for the Living Planet Aquarium. He said many people who attend such events are often looking to cultivate various kinds of relationships, including charitable giving.
“In my profession, I am always trying to make connections with prospective donors,” Daniel explained. “Obviously, people who are interested in or perhaps have the capacity to purchase a $2.5 million home are people that I would like to make connections with.”
For Corcoran, putting on the event costs about $9,000, and so far each home at which the company has hosted a soirée has sold within a few weeks, making it a worthwhile venture, he said.
“I have a better chance at selling a luxury property if I bring together people who are well connected in the community and/or can afford to purchase a home like this than sitting around hoping that someone calls (the multiple listing service),” Corcoran said.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: JasenLee1
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer in...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Group wants all to pay 'true' price for...
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 85
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 38
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 32
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Granite School District reaches... 20
- Group wants all to pay 'true' price for... 11
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer... 9