From a networking point of view, attendees such as entrepreneur Steve McGhie, 46, of Highland, said the event is an excellent way to interact with others who may operate in some of same business and social circles.
“For me, getting to know other business owners is important,” he explained. “I enjoy the social aspects and find a lot of value and resource in knowing those people.”
McGhie said attending such an event allows him to expand his network of contacts, as well as “experience new things and to grow.”
Having recently purchased a new home through Influence, McGhie said he was not looking to move but would reach out to people he knows who are considering a new home regarding the Zolman property.
Also attending for the networking opportunities was Ronnie Daniel, development director for the Living Planet Aquarium. He said many people who attend such events are often looking to cultivate various kinds of relationships, including charitable giving.
“In my profession, I am always trying to make connections with prospective donors,” Daniel explained. “Obviously, people who are interested in or perhaps have the capacity to purchase a $2.5 million home are people that I would like to make connections with.”
For Corcoran, putting on the event costs about $9,000, and so far each home at which the company has hosted a soirée has sold within a few weeks, making it a worthwhile venture, he said.
“I have a better chance at selling a luxury property if I bring together people who are well connected in the community and/or can afford to purchase a home like this than sitting around hoping that someone calls (the multiple listing service),” Corcoran said.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: JasenLee1
- What Utah voters need to know for the 2016...
- Poll: Trump up over Clinton in Utah, but lead...
- Two arrested in dangerous Taylorsville chase,...
- Celebrate July 4 at South Salt Lake Freedom...
- Logan toddler killed in driveway accident...
- UTA offers late TRAX, S-Line service for Utah...
- Dam project forces closure of Tibble Fork area
- Two arrested for allegedly siccing pit bull...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Poll: Trump up over Clinton in Utah,... 43
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 27
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 23
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21