Addressing the topic, “The Power, Joy and Love of Covenant Keeping,” Sister Burton told the worldwide congregation that making and keeping covenants means choosing to bind themselves to their Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ.
“It is committing to follow the Savior,” Sister Burton said. “It is trusting him and desiring to show our gratitude for the price he paid to set us free through the infinite gift of the Atonement.”
She told Latter-day Saint women that there are three reasons to make and keep covenants:
1. Covenant keeping strengthens, empowers and protects.
2. Keeping covenants is essential for true happiness.
3. Keeping our covenants demonstrates our love for the Savior and our Father in Heaven.
“Tonight I invite each of us to evaluate how much we love the Savior, using as a measure how joyfully we keep our covenants,” she said.
Sister Stephens said told the worldwide congregation that they are covenant-keeping daughters in the Lord’s kingdom, who have the opportunity to be instruments in his hands. “When you love, watch over, and serve others in small and simple ways, you are actively participating in the work of salvation,” she said.
Sister Reeves asked Latter-day Saint women to “claim the blessings of your covenants.”
“Dear sisters, when all is said and done, what will matter to our Father in Heaven will be how well we have kept our covenants and how much we have tried to follow the example of our Savior, Jesus Christ,” she said.
- Pope embraces Al-Azhar imam in sign of...
- LDS leaders OK slacks for Mormon women on...
- Archbishop: Anti-Semitism 'embedded' in...
- Music and the Spoken Word: Of happiness and...
- Jerry Earl Johnston: A church focused on...
- LDS World: The privilege and benefits of...
- Book review: 'Star Struck' is light, romantic...
- LDS missionary who returned home early... 42
- Religious freedom is good for business,... 30
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- LDS leaders OK slacks for Mormon women... 18
- Is the Angel Moroni a lightning rod?... 15
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11
- Donald Trump moves to win over wavering... 11
- Brooklyn's Catholic bishop decries... 4