Sister Reeves said that over the past year she has needed and wanted to feel the love of the Lord more deeply, to receive personal revelation, to better understand her temple covenants and to have her burdens lightened. As she prayed specifically for those blessings, she felt the Spirit directing her to go to the temple and listen more closely to each word of the blessings pronounced upon her while there.
“As I have listened more intently and tried to exercise my faith, the Lord has helped to make my burdens light,” she said. “He has helped me feel great peace about prayers that have not yet been answered. We bind the Lord to keep His promises when we keep our covenants and exercise our faith. Come to the temple, dear sisters, and claim your blessings!”
It is also through claiming blessings from the temple that women of the church can find confidence and faith.
“We sometimes, as women, have a tendency to be very critical of ourselves,” she said. “During these times, we need to seek the Spirit and ask, ‘Is this what the Lord wants me to think about myself, or is Satan trying to beat me down.’ Remember the nature of our Heavenly Father, whose love is perfect and infinite. He wants to build us up, not tear us down.”
She said some members of the church might feel at times that they need to be part of a “perfect LDS family” in order to be accepted by the Lord. Women often feel “less-than” or like misfits if their life looks any different that that picture.
“Dear Sisters, when all is said and done, what will matter to our Father in Heaven will be how well we have kept our covenants and how much we have tried to follow the example of our Savior, Jesus Christ,” she said.
- Mormon missionary David Archuleta performs at...
- Funeral plans set for BYU student, LDS...
- LDS Church posts article about the history of...
- BYU student, LDS seminary teacher watches...
- Top stories of the year: Mormons who made...
- The Piano Guys: 4 dads on a mission
- Mormon teen's testimony shines in her music
- Off-hand remark by FOX host sparks debate on...
- Off-hand remark by FOX host sparks... 53
- LDS Church posts article about the... 45
- Nearly 82,000 LDS missionaries now, new... 29
- Ask Angela: I don't know how to tell my... 26
- Mormons score highest on 'Religious... 20
- Satanists, Hindus want monuments on... 17
- BYU student, LDS seminary teacher... 16
- Mormon missionary David Archuleta... 12