Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
GRANTSVILLE — More than 18,000 local Boy Scouts and their leaders attended a two-day commemorative event at the Deseret Peak Complex.
The campout provided a chance to mingle with scouts from all over the Great Salt Lake Council, which includes Salt Lake, Tooele, Summit and much of Davis counties. Games and activities to test their skills promoted camaraderie, but also fun. Many scouts also earned merit badges in the process.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Mount Timpanogos trail temporarily closing...
- Blue Moon Festival is Aug. 6 in Holladay
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 13
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10