HAVRE, Mont. — The Westminster College women’s volleyball team fell in three sets at Montana State-Northern on Saturday afternoon in a Frontier Conference match in the Armory Gymnasium.
After playing a tough first set, Westminster couldn’t keep up with MSU-Northern and fell (20-25, 13-25, 8-25). The loss drops the Griffins to 8-10 overall this season and 2-3 in Frontier action. Northern improves to 12-4 and 5-0.
The Griffins finished the match with 24 kills but also had 24 errors. They couldn’t overcome the offense of Northern and allowed the home squad to 38 kills and .271 hitting. Westminster picked up 52 digs with two blocks but had no service aces to five from Northern.
Mayra Ramirez led Westminster with seven kills while hitting .136 in the match. Alexis Aalona and Jovana Sisovic finished with five kills apiece. Aalona added 11 digs with Kyndall Kordakis recording 15 digs.
Kelsey William led Northern with 12 kills with Abby Nicholas adding 10 kills and 10 digs.
Westminster returns home for the next three matches. The first of those three is Oct. 5, when Montana Western visits the Behnken Field House at 2 p.m.
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 55
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48