HAVRE, Mont. — The Westminster College women’s volleyball team fell in three sets at Montana State-Northern on Saturday afternoon in a Frontier Conference match in the Armory Gymnasium.
After playing a tough first set, Westminster couldn’t keep up with MSU-Northern and fell (20-25, 13-25, 8-25). The loss drops the Griffins to 8-10 overall this season and 2-3 in Frontier action. Northern improves to 12-4 and 5-0.
The Griffins finished the match with 24 kills but also had 24 errors. They couldn’t overcome the offense of Northern and allowed the home squad to 38 kills and .271 hitting. Westminster picked up 52 digs with two blocks but had no service aces to five from Northern.
Mayra Ramirez led Westminster with seven kills while hitting .136 in the match. Alexis Aalona and Jovana Sisovic finished with five kills apiece. Aalona added 11 digs with Kyndall Kordakis recording 15 digs.
Kelsey William led Northern with 12 kills with Abby Nicholas adding 10 kills and 10 digs.
Westminster returns home for the next three matches. The first of those three is Oct. 5, when Montana Western visits the Behnken Field House at 2 p.m.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34