Books share teachings of President Monson, President Packer
Henry J. Erying is the advancement vice president of BYU–Idaho and previously worked as a consultant for Monitor Co. and as director of the BYU MBA program. He also served as president of the Japan Tokyo North Mission.
Eaton, president of the Washington Federal Way Mission, was a professor of religious education at BYU–Idaho.
Other new titles
• In “My Name Used to Be Muhammad: The Riveting True Story of a Muslim Who Embraced Christianity” (Ensign Peak, $21.99), Jeff Benedict and Tito Momen share Momen’s physical and spiritual journey from his life in Nigeria being raised to be a leader among clerics to his costly decision to believe in Jesus Christ.
The 300-page book is scheduled to be published through Deseret Book’s Ensign Peak imprint in November.
“Christmas from Heaven: The True Story of the Berlin Candy Bomber” (Shadow Mountain, $12.99) by Tom Brokaw and illustrated by Robert T. Barrett is a picture book that shares the story of then-27-year-old Gail Halvorsen when he decided to add his and others’ sticks of gum to the airdrops over West Berlin during World War II at Christmastime. Brokaw narrated the story at the Mormon Tabernacle Choir’s Christmas Concert last year, and a DVD is included with the book. Published through Deseret Book’s Shadow Mountain imprint, it is scheduled to be released in mid-October.
In “Mormon’s Codex: An Ancient American Book” (Deseret Book, $59.99), scholar John Sorensen compiles 60 years of academic study about the Book of Mormon and its relationship with Mesoamerica in this 800-plus page book. He includes more than 400 points where the Book of Mormon texts correspond to aspects of Mesoamerican situations, statements, allusions and history. It was released in September in conjunction with the Neal A. Maxwell Institute for Religious Scholarship.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: CTRappleye
- LDS leaders announce new teaching manual,...
- Many foretold Restoration, Elder Maynes tells...
- UTubers: LDS violinist Jenny Oaks Baker...
- USCIRF calls for government to resettle...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch headed to Israel to meet...
- Greek Orthodox parish in Cottonwood Heights...
- Elder Richard J. Maynes speaks to young...
- Erin Stewart: Putting the family council to work
- Many foretold Restoration, Elder Maynes... 46
- Award recipient's affiliation draws ire... 36
- LDS leaders announce new teaching... 33
- Catholics, LDS stand together on issues... 21
- Defending the Faith: When Jesus purged... 17
- Sen. Orrin Hatch headed to Israel to... 12
- National Day of Prayer speakers decry... 10
- LDS Church member appointed to US... 9