Alex Boye stars in Mormon modesty remake of One Direction's 'That's What Makes You Beautiful'
YouTube screen shot
Those in attendance at the Sandy Lone Peak Stake Young Women standards night in Utah must have received quite a surprise when a video with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's Alex Boye and other young men singing and dancing to the hit British band One Direction came on.
Covering the popular song has become quite a trend among LDS young men groups, but this time, rather the lip syncing the popular song "That's What Makes You Beautiful," Boye and his group changed up the words.
The video is titled "Virtue Makes You Beautiful" and the group sings about modesty and the importance of being virtuous. Popular lines are switched as the group sings, "Baby you light up the world like nobody else/ by the way that you speak and respect yourself."
The video was posted to YouTube Tuesday this week and has received more than 6,000 views. Boye has also recently produced a new album that will come out this fall.
- Utah company films aerial video of renovated...
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house tickets...
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- 10 reasons a traditional marriage is better...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- LDS Church continues to grow in Cambodia
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 25
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a... 25
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 19
- 10 reasons a traditional marriage is... 14
- Defending the Faith: But what of those... 9
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house... 8
- New features at Ogden Temple reception... 6
- The IRS agrees to investigate churches... 6