Alex Boye stars in Mormon modesty remake of One Direction's 'That's What Makes You Beautiful'
YouTube screen shot
Those in attendance at the Sandy Lone Peak Stake Young Women standards night in Utah must have received quite a surprise when a video with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's Alex Boye and other young men singing and dancing to the hit British band One Direction came on.
Covering the popular song has become quite a trend among LDS young men groups, but this time, rather the lip syncing the popular song "That's What Makes You Beautiful," Boye and his group changed up the words.
The video is titled "Virtue Makes You Beautiful" and the group sings about modesty and the importance of being virtuous. Popular lines are switched as the group sings, "Baby you light up the world like nobody else/ by the way that you speak and respect yourself."
The video was posted to YouTube Tuesday this week and has received more than 6,000 views. Boye has also recently produced a new album that will come out this fall.
- Dog reacts to LDS missionary returning home...
- Mentor to Brandon Mull, James Dashner chose...
- LDS Family Services providing free online...
- Jewish woman launches modest online...
- Book recounts LDS Church history using Legos
- Why I make my kids go to church
- Elder Holland calls on Christians to unite to...
- Elder Holland discusses religious freedom,...
- Elder Holland calls on Christians to... 101
- Defending the Faith: Even in science,... 72
- Why I make my kids go to church 55
- Jewish woman launches modest online... 18
- K2 The Church's grand opening a... 12
- Netanyahu speech deepens rift between... 9
- Doug Robinson: A Boy Scout for 75 years... 7
- Dog reacts to LDS missionary returning... 6