Alex Boye stars in Mormon modesty remake of One Direction's 'That's What Makes You Beautiful'
YouTube screen shot
Those in attendance at the Sandy Lone Peak Stake Young Women standards night in Utah must have received quite a surprise when a video with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's Alex Boye and other young men singing and dancing to the hit British band One Direction came on.
Covering the popular song has become quite a trend among LDS young men groups, but this time, rather the lip syncing the popular song "That's What Makes You Beautiful," Boye and his group changed up the words.
The video is titled "Virtue Makes You Beautiful" and the group sings about modesty and the importance of being virtuous. Popular lines are switched as the group sings, "Baby you light up the world like nobody else/ by the way that you speak and respect yourself."
The video was posted to YouTube Tuesday this week and has received more than 6,000 views. Boye has also recently produced a new album that will come out this fall.
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- State bills to protect religious freedom...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- Lexi Hansen forgives driver who hit her (+video)
- Returning LDS missionary, father battling...
- President Henry B. Eyring: 'The Comforter'
- 185th Annual General Conference talk...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone... 162
- Why I don’t call myself a... 92
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A... 63
- Heaven can wait, Christian bookstore... 17
- Millennials are the ‘don’t... 15
- Meet the Muslim actor playing Jesus in... 10
- Returning LDS missionary, father... 8
- State bills to protect religious... 8