My husband is a country veterinarian who is constantly covered in bumps and bruises he can’t explain. He is used to being stepped on by massive bulls and having near-misses with horses that decide they don’t want to be vaccinated. And while he is a total rough-and-tumble guy, he also has the biggest sweet tooth of anyone I know.
I’ve talked about this before and shared many of the cookie and treat recipes he loves, but one of his all-time favorites is a simple and delicious cobbler that combines two of his best-loved ingredients: peaches and blueberries.
This recipe can be made anytime because the ingredients are found in your pantry, but the rich and fruity taste of this cobbler makes any day of the year feel like a crisp fall day. If you want some variety, try changing up the ingredients. You can use cherry pie filling instead of blueberry for a completely different flavor.
BELLE'S PEACH AND BLUEBERRY COBBLER
1 (16.5-ounce) box yellow cake mix
1 (21-ounce) can blueberry pie filling
1 (29-ounce) can peach slices
Grease a 9-by-13-inch pan. Dump half the dry cake mix into the pan and spread evenly. Spread the pie filling over the top. Drain the juice from the peaches into another container. Cover the pie filling evenly with the peach slices. Cover with the rest of the dry cake mix and then pour the juice from the peaches evenly over the top. Do not mix. Bake at 350 degrees for about 50 minutes or until browned and set. Serve warm.
Brenda Stanley is the mother of five children, including two sets of twins, and a grandmother of three. She is a cookbook author, including the recently released "That's a Lot of Crock!" and novelist. Her website is at talesofthedinnerbelle.com.
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney accepts ALS Ice...
- Lexi Walker sings 'Let It Go' solo with One...
- Stranger donates vehicle to Bountiful...
- How to eat on just $4 a day
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Families battling...
- How to miss a childhood: The dangers of...
- The Clean Cut: Mothers brought to tears in...
- Insights from the Behavioral Science Guy: The...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 58
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 34
- How to miss a childhood: The dangers of... 31
- Provo company creates program that... 17
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney accepts ALS... 16
- How your premarital experiences can... 12
- Amy Donaldson: Critics of the ALS Ice... 12
- Raising a kid will cost you $245,000... 11