SOUTH SALT LAKE — The Prudential Spirit of Community Awards program is seeking young Granite School District students who have given their time and talents through community service.
The program honors students in fifth through 12th grades who have made an impact in their community through volunteer service during the past year. Awardees will receive $1,000, an engraved silver medallion and a trip to Washington, D.C.
Students may fill out an application online at spirit.prudential.com/view/page/soc and submit it to their principal. Each school’s top applicant will then be evaluated by a state-level judging panel, which selects the top middle level and high school candidate in each state.
Applications must be completed by Nov. 5.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Body of overdue hiker found in Zion National...
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 77
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Mia Love declines to make joint... 50
- Join the discussion: How libertarian is... 36
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 35
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 22
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18