SOUTH SALT LAKE — The Prudential Spirit of Community Awards program is seeking young Granite School District students who have given their time and talents through community service.
The program honors students in fifth through 12th grades who have made an impact in their community through volunteer service during the past year. Awardees will receive $1,000, an engraved silver medallion and a trip to Washington, D.C.
Students may fill out an application online at spirit.prudential.com/view/page/soc and submit it to their principal. Each school’s top applicant will then be evaluated by a state-level judging panel, which selects the top middle level and high school candidate in each state.
Applications must be completed by Nov. 5.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Pleasant View fire contained Saturday;...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Holladay woman dies rock climbing in Maple...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 17
- Two Utah schools under federal... 13