SOUTH SALT LAKE — The Prudential Spirit of Community Awards program is seeking young Granite School District students who have given their time and talents through community service.
The program honors students in fifth through 12th grades who have made an impact in their community through volunteer service during the past year. Awardees will receive $1,000, an engraved silver medallion and a trip to Washington, D.C.
Students may fill out an application online at spirit.prudential.com/view/page/soc and submit it to their principal. Each school’s top applicant will then be evaluated by a state-level judging panel, which selects the top middle level and high school candidate in each state.
Applications must be completed by Nov. 5.
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Stranger donates vehicle to Bountiful...
- Odyssey Elementary opens doors for...
- Family seeks change as poisoned tea...
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 58
- Utah argues for more time to file... 38
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 33
- Government regulation has become like... 31
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic... 26
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22