Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SANDY — Canyons School District on Monday, Sept. 30, will begin accepting applications to its dual immersion language programs for the 2014-15 school year. The deadline to submit an application is Nov. 22.
Families who have questions about the programs are invited to attend a Parent Information Night on Thursday, Oct. 24, at the Canyons Support Services Center, 9361 S. 300 East. The event will be from 6-8 p.m. in the Professional Development Center.
Canyons District is home to eight dual immersion programs: Mandarin Chinese-English programs are at Draper, Lone Peak and Ridgecrest elementary schools; French-English programs are at Butler and Oak Hollow elementary schools; and Spanish-English classes are taught at Alta View, Silver Mesa and Midvale elementary schools.
All programs, except for the Midvale program, are for students entering first grade for the 2014-15 school year. The Midvale Spanish-English program is for students entering kindergarten for the 2014-15 school year.
A lottery will be held to determine entrance into the programs if the number of applications is greater than the number of space available in the classes.
For more information, call 801-826-5045.
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on state...
- Cottonwood Heights mayor, residents unhappy...
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion budget
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Deputy's suicide prompted Tooele school...
- Roof, tower for Provo City Center Temple add...
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 40
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 29
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 21
- Candidates seeking to replace Swallow... 19
- 'Little Bulldog' will take a break; the... 18
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion... 18