SALT LAKE CITY — Jared Norris exploded onto the scene in Saturday's win over the BYU Cougars.
In the win in Provo, he led the team with nine tackles, including one for a loss, bringing two things to Utah's linebacking group that it has desperately needed since the beginning of the 2012 season: consistency and productivity.
"Jared was very productive on Saturday night," Utah head coach Kyle Whittingham said. "He is a physical, tough inside linebacker. One of our defensive leaders, he is a good leader for us. He’s inspirational for the defensive side of the ball and keeping people emotionally in the football game."
This video highlight revisits some of Norris' best tackles from the BYU rivalry game and his priorities heading into Utah's bye week preceding the beginning of Utah's 2013 Pac-12 campaign.
Norris had a spectacular game against BYU. Soon we'll see how he and the rest of the Utah defense follows it up against the Pac-12.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- Utah Jazz: Red-hot Jazz shock the Kings, 122-101
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- Mountain View hires former Timpview head...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- Power rankings: Pac-12, WCC, MWC men's...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 101
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 70
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 51
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 51
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34