Utah football video: Jared Norris becoming a leader in Utes' linebacking corps
SALT LAKE CITY — Jared Norris exploded onto the scene in Saturday's win over the BYU Cougars.
In the win in Provo, he led the team with nine tackles, including one for a loss, bringing two things to Utah's linebacking group that it has desperately needed since the beginning of the 2012 season: consistency and productivity.
"Jared was very productive on Saturday night," Utah head coach Kyle Whittingham said. "He is a physical, tough inside linebacker. One of our defensive leaders, he is a good leader for us. He’s inspirational for the defensive side of the ball and keeping people emotionally in the football game."
This video highlight revisits some of Norris' best tackles from the BYU rivalry game and his priorities heading into Utah's bye week preceding the beginning of Utah's 2013 Pac-12 campaign.
Norris had a spectacular game against BYU. Soon we'll see how he and the rest of the Utah defense follows it up against the Pac-12.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34