WSU football player charged with misdemeanor shoplifting
OGDEN — A Weber State football player has charged with shoplifting.
Hasan Ali, 20, a redshirt freshman who plays safety for the Wildcats, took a bottle of cologne from Sears in the Newgate Mall on Saturday, accompanied by Yuvraaj Madra, Ogden Police Lt. Steve Zaccardi said.
When the two men returned to the mall the next day, a security guard recognized them and contacted police, who spoke with them.
The two men told police they had taken the cologne, Zaccardi said.
Ali and Madra were both booked into Weber County Jail and charged Monday with retail theft, a class B misdemeanor.
Ali made an initial court appearance Wednesday and pleaded not guilty.
— McKenzie Romero
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 57
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37