WSU football player charged with misdemeanor shoplifting
OGDEN — A Weber State football player has charged with shoplifting.
Hasan Ali, 20, a redshirt freshman who plays safety for the Wildcats, took a bottle of cologne from Sears in the Newgate Mall on Saturday, accompanied by Yuvraaj Madra, Ogden Police Lt. Steve Zaccardi said.
When the two men returned to the mall the next day, a security guard recognized them and contacted police, who spoke with them.
The two men told police they had taken the cologne, Zaccardi said.
Ali and Madra were both booked into Weber County Jail and charged Monday with retail theft, a class B misdemeanor.
Ali made an initial court appearance Wednesday and pleaded not guilty.
— McKenzie Romero
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're proud...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 104
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 99
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 97
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 50
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 27
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're... 25