WSU football player charged with misdemeanor shoplifting
OGDEN — A Weber State football player has charged with shoplifting.
Hasan Ali, 20, a redshirt freshman who plays safety for the Wildcats, took a bottle of cologne from Sears in the Newgate Mall on Saturday, accompanied by Yuvraaj Madra, Ogden Police Lt. Steve Zaccardi said.
When the two men returned to the mall the next day, a security guard recognized them and contacted police, who spoke with them.
The two men told police they had taken the cologne, Zaccardi said.
Ali and Madra were both booked into Weber County Jail and charged Monday with retail theft, a class B misdemeanor.
Ali made an initial court appearance Wednesday and pleaded not guilty.
— McKenzie Romero
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by media...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to Cleveland...
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not on...
- The original BCS busters: Looking back at...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 commissioner frank about...
- Utah's Fiesta Bowl championship team: Where...
- From autonomy to Harvey Langi: Tidbits from...
- Utah football: Pac-12 Football Media Day Central
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 225
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by... 95
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 77
- The original BCS busters: Looking back... 53
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not... 43
- ACC media days has some interesting... 43
- Utah's better BCS buster, 2004 or 2008? 28
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to... 26