WSU football player charged with misdemeanor shoplifting
OGDEN — A Weber State football player has charged with shoplifting.
Hasan Ali, 20, a redshirt freshman who plays safety for the Wildcats, took a bottle of cologne from Sears in the Newgate Mall on Saturday, accompanied by Yuvraaj Madra, Ogden Police Lt. Steve Zaccardi said.
When the two men returned to the mall the next day, a security guard recognized them and contacted police, who spoke with them.
The two men told police they had taken the cologne, Zaccardi said.
Ali and Madra were both booked into Weber County Jail and charged Monday with retail theft, a class B misdemeanor.
Ali made an initial court appearance Wednesday and pleaded not guilty.
— McKenzie Romero
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- 'Vive la France': Chris Froome makes...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 104
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 45
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 30
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 21
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 12
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 8
- Former BYU guard Cory Calvert to... 7