OGDEN — A Weber State football player has charged with shoplifting.
Hasan Ali, 20, a redshirt freshman who plays safety for the Wildcats, took a bottle of cologne from Sears in the Newgate Mall on Saturday, accompanied by Yuvraaj Madra, Ogden Police Lt. Steve Zaccardi said.
When the two men returned to the mall the next day, a security guard recognized them and contacted police, who spoke with them.
The two men told police they had taken the cologne, Zaccardi said.
Ali and Madra were both booked into Weber County Jail and charged Monday with retail theft, a class B misdemeanor.
Ali made an initial court appearance Wednesday and pleaded not guilty.
— McKenzie Romero
- Ranking the best rookie seasons in Utah Jazz...
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- Brad Rock: Utes nickname won't stay forever
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- BYU football: Baker Pritchard discusses...
- Dick Harmon: Many expect Jabari Parker to...
- Forget Kaepernick, Taysom Hill should be...
- Damian Lillard stars in hilarious Adidas ad...
- BYU football: Cougars land commitment... 50
- Bingham kicker commits to Utah after... 48
- CougarLinks: Former Cornhusker... 44
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Utah football: Utes are eager to pick... 33
- Brad Rock: Utes nickname won't stay... 27
- Utah Jazz: Jazz suffer weird loss... 24
- Doug Robinson: Basketball needs a new,... 24