WSU football player charged with misdemeanor shoplifting
OGDEN — A Weber State football player has charged with shoplifting.
Hasan Ali, 20, a redshirt freshman who plays safety for the Wildcats, took a bottle of cologne from Sears in the Newgate Mall on Saturday, accompanied by Yuvraaj Madra, Ogden Police Lt. Steve Zaccardi said.
When the two men returned to the mall the next day, a security guard recognized them and contacted police, who spoke with them.
The two men told police they had taken the cologne, Zaccardi said.
Ali and Madra were both booked into Weber County Jail and charged Monday with retail theft, a class B misdemeanor.
Ali made an initial court appearance Wednesday and pleaded not guilty.
— McKenzie Romero
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Oklahoma State forward Tyrek Coger dies after...
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: National college... 78
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 64
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 52
- Annual instate college basketball... 37
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 32
- Phil Steele 2016 Football magazine... 29