Ex-teacher charged with sexual exploitation of a minor
OGDEN — Criminal charges were filed Thursday against a veteran junior high school teacher and former Boy Scout leader.
Kenneth William Prince, 61, was charged in Ogden's 2nd District Court with five counts of sexual exploitation of a minor, a second-degree felony.
Earlier this month, South Ogden police investigators said they found sexually explicit photos of boys under 18 on Prince's laptops at his house. The investigation began after a man reported to police that he had been sexually abused by Prince more than a decade ago.
Prince taught at South Ogden Junior High from 1979 until his retirement in 2008 and was a "longtime" Scout leader in the South Ogden area, police said.
Prince was arrested in April of 2008 when members of the city vice squad were inspecting a west Salt Lake gym and found him committing a lewd act, according to a Salt Lake police report. He pleaded guilty to committing an obscene act and the case was dismissed in 2010 as part of his plea in abeyance.
Prince retired from the Weber School District at the end of the school year in May of 2008. District spokesman Nate Taggart said the district could not comment on whether it was aware of Prince's arrest at the time of his retirement.
Anyone with information about Prince or any potential victims is asked to call South Ogden police at 801-629-8221 and ask for a South Ogden officer.
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Hundreds search for missing Provo woman who...
- Utah construction companies fined, ordered to...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 60
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 57
- Former Romney finance chairman courting... 53
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 43
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Utah high school students unprepared... 15
- Poll: 'Undecided' tops Utah Republican... 15