Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret Morning News
SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City School District will host information meetings for parents to learn about the Middle School Extended Learning Programs and the International Baccalaureate program.
Meetings to learn about the extended learning programs are scheduled for Wednesday, Oct. 2, and Thursday, Oct. 10, both at the Salt Lake City School District offices, 440 E. 100 South, at 6:30 p.m. Sixth- or seventh-grade students are invited, but not required to attend with parents.
An information meeting will be held for International Baccalaureate Wednesday, Oct. 16, also at the Salt Lake District offices at 6:30 p.m.
The extended learning program provides educational services for students who demonstrate high academic abilities and are found eligible for services. The International Baccalaureate program is for students who have a high interest in challenging global curriculum options. The program is offered at Highland High School and West High School.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Payson to hold hearing on proposed tax increase
- UDOT plans to upgrade Redwood Road in...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 27
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14