Police find child with Spice, adults hiding in closets in Salt Lake City home
SALT LAKE CITY — Officers performing a court-ordered welfare check on three children found one child holding a container of Spice, while two adults with drugs were hiding in closets.
Krystal Fern Casuse, 35, and Louie Larry Martinez, 39, were charged Wednesday in 3rd District Court with three counts of endangerment of a child, a third-degree felony, and possession or use of a controlled substance, a class B misdemeanor.
Casuse was also charged with possession of drug paraphernalia, a class B misdemeanor.
Casuse and Martinez were hiding underneath clothing in different closets when officers executed a warrant at 350 E. 700 South on June 27, court documents state. Casuse told an officer she had more Spice and a pipe on her person.
Officers found a 6-year-old, 13-year-old and 14-year-old lying down in the home. The 13-year-old was holding a plastic container of a green, leafy substance, confirmed to be Spice by the Utah Bureau of Forensic Services, according to court documents.
The children were turned over to the Division of Child and Family Services, charges state.
— Madeleine Brown
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty to...
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- Desire to serve: Even a gunshot couldn't keep...
- Lagoon's Cannibal ride makes late but...
- Elderly man hit, killed while changing tire
- Utah farmer turns alfalfa field into the...
- Two fires were purposely set at U. fraternity...
- Delta man staged hate crimes in a 'cry... 96
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride... 61
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 41
- Support for law requiring sales tax for... 28
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 26
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 24
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 21
- U.S. Supreme Court overturns EPA's... 14