Police find child with Spice, adults hiding in closets in Salt Lake City home
SALT LAKE CITY — Officers performing a court-ordered welfare check on three children found one child holding a container of Spice, while two adults with drugs were hiding in closets.
Krystal Fern Casuse, 35, and Louie Larry Martinez, 39, were charged Wednesday in 3rd District Court with three counts of endangerment of a child, a third-degree felony, and possession or use of a controlled substance, a class B misdemeanor.
Casuse was also charged with possession of drug paraphernalia, a class B misdemeanor.
Casuse and Martinez were hiding underneath clothing in different closets when officers executed a warrant at 350 E. 700 South on June 27, court documents state. Casuse told an officer she had more Spice and a pipe on her person.
Officers found a 6-year-old, 13-year-old and 14-year-old lying down in the home. The 13-year-old was holding a plastic container of a green, leafy substance, confirmed to be Spice by the Utah Bureau of Forensic Services, according to court documents.
The children were turned over to the Division of Child and Family Services, charges state.
— Madeleine Brown
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Hundreds search for missing Provo woman who...
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Utah construction companies fined, ordered to...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 60
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 57
- Former Romney finance chairman courting... 53
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 43
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 21
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Utah high school students unprepared... 15