SALT LAKE CITY — Officers performing a court-ordered welfare check on three children found one child holding a container of Spice, while two adults with drugs were hiding in closets.
Krystal Fern Casuse, 35, and Louie Larry Martinez, 39, were charged Wednesday in 3rd District Court with three counts of endangerment of a child, a third-degree felony, and possession or use of a controlled substance, a class B misdemeanor.
Casuse was also charged with possession of drug paraphernalia, a class B misdemeanor.
Casuse and Martinez were hiding underneath clothing in different closets when officers executed a warrant at 350 E. 700 South on June 27, court documents state. Casuse told an officer she had more Spice and a pipe on her person.
Officers found a 6-year-old, 13-year-old and 14-year-old lying down in the home. The 13-year-old was holding a plastic container of a green, leafy substance, confirmed to be Spice by the Utah Bureau of Forensic Services, according to court documents.
The children were turned over to the Division of Child and Family Services, charges state.
— Madeleine Brown
- Lost recording of an interview with 1867...
- Boulder slams into Rockville home, killing two
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in ongoing...
- National Weather Service radar mistakes swans...
- Passerby was mistakenly used as translator in...
- Utah husband wins 'Most Memorable Moment'...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Man accused in wife's death loved her, 'had...
- Pay increase for Gov. Herbert, other... 67
- Legal analysis supports Utah's law on... 37
- Do Utah high school students need four... 30
- Supervolcano hidden in plain sight in... 20
- Young adults are faced with risky... 15
- Rare snowstorm traps I-15 motorists... 14
- John Swallow lost computer hard drive... 12
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing... 11