Police find child with Spice, adults hiding in closets in Salt Lake City home
SALT LAKE CITY — Officers performing a court-ordered welfare check on three children found one child holding a container of Spice, while two adults with drugs were hiding in closets.
Krystal Fern Casuse, 35, and Louie Larry Martinez, 39, were charged Wednesday in 3rd District Court with three counts of endangerment of a child, a third-degree felony, and possession or use of a controlled substance, a class B misdemeanor.
Casuse was also charged with possession of drug paraphernalia, a class B misdemeanor.
Casuse and Martinez were hiding underneath clothing in different closets when officers executed a warrant at 350 E. 700 South on June 27, court documents state. Casuse told an officer she had more Spice and a pipe on her person.
Officers found a 6-year-old, 13-year-old and 14-year-old lying down in the home. The 13-year-old was holding a plastic container of a green, leafy substance, confirmed to be Spice by the Utah Bureau of Forensic Services, according to court documents.
The children were turned over to the Division of Child and Family Services, charges state.
— Madeleine Brown
- Deedee Corradini, Salt Lake's first and only...
- Mentor to Brandon Mull, James Dashner chose...
- About Utah: Replace the prison with the NFL,...
- Victim of Washington Terrace homicide...
- Utah assails Obama's Clean Power Plan
- Doug Robinson: A Boy Scout for 75 years ......
- K2 The Church's grand opening a neighborhood...
- Hearing begins to determine fate of teen...
- Gov. Herbert increases pressure on... 55
- About Utah: Replace the prison with the... 36
- Utah assails Obama's Clean Power Plan 26
- Prison Relocation Commission ready to... 25
- With Healthy Utah stalled, lives still... 18
- Hope in a crisis: School, community... 18
- Lawmakers consider academic turnaround... 17
- Some GOP House members disagree with... 17