SALT LAKE CITY — The Central Ninth neighborhood, in partnership with Salt Lake City and the city's Redevelopment Agency, invites the public to attend its Neighborhood Launch Party and Resource Fair on Thursday, Sept. 26, from 5-9 p.m. at the corner of 200 West and 900 South.
The event will kick off the newly formed Central Ninth Business District and formally unveil the neighborhood’s official logo and brand. There will be live music, food from neighborhood restaurants and a City Resource Fair at the Local First Utah headquarters. Salt Lake Bees mascot Bumble will be buzzing in from 5-6 p.m.
“It’s rewarding to see this neighborhood come together,” said RDA Chairman Stan Penfold. “Communities are stronger when businesses, residents and government work in partnership. Events like this are proof.”
The fair is designed to familiarize neighborhood residents with city staff and programs and policies that benefit neighborhoods. There will be representatives from the Planning, Housing and Neighborhood Development and Economic Development divisions, Salt Lake Police Department, RDA and more.
Recent redevelopment efforts in the area include constructing the 900 South TRAX station; providing land and financial support for the People’s Portable Garden; leasing an agency building to Local First Utah; executing and funding the Central Ninth branding project; and providing the property and financing for the newly completed Atlas Architects & NoBrow Coffee Building.
Several RDA properties near the TRAX station will soon become available for neighborhood-scale development. New projects will support the area and provide a transit-oriented neighborhood near downtown.
Attendees are encouraged to take advantage of Central Ninth’s accessibility by riding TRAX to the event.
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over their...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Romney decision not to run again disappoints...
- Jury exonerates Marc Jenson in fraud, money...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- Utah's largest oil producer lays off 80...
- 7 unique adventure dates for two, on the cheap
- State School Board explores budget cuts as...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of... 204
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over... 150
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about... 39
- Romney decision not to run again... 38
- LDS statement could move Utah... 31
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Business community supports tax... 22
- Utah residents rank air pollution as... 21