SALT LAKE CITY — The Central Ninth neighborhood, in partnership with Salt Lake City and the city's Redevelopment Agency, invites the public to attend its Neighborhood Launch Party and Resource Fair on Thursday, Sept. 26, from 5-9 p.m. at the corner of 200 West and 900 South.
The event will kick off the newly formed Central Ninth Business District and formally unveil the neighborhood’s official logo and brand. There will be live music, food from neighborhood restaurants and a City Resource Fair at the Local First Utah headquarters. Salt Lake Bees mascot Bumble will be buzzing in from 5-6 p.m.
“It’s rewarding to see this neighborhood come together,” said RDA Chairman Stan Penfold. “Communities are stronger when businesses, residents and government work in partnership. Events like this are proof.”
The fair is designed to familiarize neighborhood residents with city staff and programs and policies that benefit neighborhoods. There will be representatives from the Planning, Housing and Neighborhood Development and Economic Development divisions, Salt Lake Police Department, RDA and more.
Recent redevelopment efforts in the area include constructing the 900 South TRAX station; providing land and financial support for the People’s Portable Garden; leasing an agency building to Local First Utah; executing and funding the Central Ninth branding project; and providing the property and financing for the newly completed Atlas Architects & NoBrow Coffee Building.
Several RDA properties near the TRAX station will soon become available for neighborhood-scale development. New projects will support the area and provide a transit-oriented neighborhood near downtown.
Attendees are encouraged to take advantage of Central Ninth’s accessibility by riding TRAX to the event.
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay...
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt status...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Wanted Layton man dies in New Mexico plane crash
- Doug Robinson: Weber State track coach isn't...
- Motley Crue concert delayed about two hours...
- Alleged sexual abuser on the run for 17 years...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 300
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 141
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 109
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 77
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 68
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 46
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 45
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 36