Copper Hills football coach suspended, assistant fired
WEST JORDAN — Copper Hills High School's head football coach has been suspended for two games and an assistant coach has been fired, a district spokeswoman confirmed Tuesday.
Head coach John Tuescher will be allowed to continue working with the team but will not be act as head coach, Jordan School District spokeswoman Sandy Riesgraf said.
Offensive line coach John Cullen was fired, Riesgraf said, and following his termination resigned from his hall monitor job at the school.
Riesgraf said the decision was made by the school's principal and not by the district. She declined to provide further information about what prompted the suspension and termination of the two coaches.
The Copper Hills Grizzlies lost their homecoming game 23-20 to Snow Canyon on Friday. They face against Jordan this weekend and West Jordan on Oct. 4.
— McKenzie Romero
- Chronic absence a 'huge contributor' to...
- University of Utah homecoming week kicks off
- Memorial dedicated to community activist...
- Entrada Adult High School hosting open house
- University of Utah entrepreneurship program...
- North Carolina court stops part of order...
- Utah senator aims to bring computer coding to...
- Top 15 states for education
- Lawmakers, business leaders back bill... 8
- Chronic absence a 'huge contributor' to... 6
- House approves early childhood... 4
- Millennials read more books than their... 3
- Utah senator aims to bring computer... 3
- Scholarship lotteries, popular with... 2
- Top 15 states for education 2
- Two big reasons to buy comic books for... 2