Copper Hills football coach suspended, assistant fired
WEST JORDAN — Copper Hills High School's head football coach has been suspended for two games and an assistant coach has been fired, a district spokeswoman confirmed Tuesday.
Head coach John Tuescher will be allowed to continue working with the team but will not be act as head coach, Jordan School District spokeswoman Sandy Riesgraf said.
Offensive line coach John Cullen was fired, Riesgraf said, and following his termination resigned from his hall monitor job at the school.
Riesgraf said the decision was made by the school's principal and not by the district. She declined to provide further information about what prompted the suspension and termination of the two coaches.
The Copper Hills Grizzlies lost their homecoming game 23-20 to Snow Canyon on Friday. They face against Jordan this weekend and West Jordan on Oct. 4.
— McKenzie Romero
- See where Utah schools, schools with LDS ties...
- Teacher salary increase bill advances to Senate
- Students sue, saying Dixie State violates...
- This week in history: Stalin's death played...
- Pilot program would allow teachers to work...
- Bill proposing more math for high school...
- Do superintendents matter?
- More college and career training needed for...
- Teacher salary increase bill advances... 12
- Pilot program would allow teachers to... 9
- Bill clarifying parental rights in... 8
- See where Utah schools, schools with... 7
- More college and career training needed... 7
- John Hoffmire: Examining President... 6
- Kansas state Senate passes bill banning... 6
- Obama announces new education effort to... 4