Copper Hills football coach suspended, assistant fired
WEST JORDAN — Copper Hills High School's head football coach has been suspended for two games and an assistant coach has been fired, a district spokeswoman confirmed Tuesday.
Head coach John Tuescher will be allowed to continue working with the team but will not be act as head coach, Jordan School District spokeswoman Sandy Riesgraf said.
Offensive line coach John Cullen was fired, Riesgraf said, and following his termination resigned from his hall monitor job at the school.
Riesgraf said the decision was made by the school's principal and not by the district. She declined to provide further information about what prompted the suspension and termination of the two coaches.
The Copper Hills Grizzlies lost their homecoming game 23-20 to Snow Canyon on Friday. They face against Jordan this weekend and West Jordan on Oct. 4.
— McKenzie Romero
- AF High Band performs with borrowed...
- Granite district revises calendar for Jewish...
- Report: Utah among top 10 states for...
- Is saying the Pledge of Allegiance voluntary?...
- School grading system changes in light of new...
- Davis School Board seeks comment on proposed...
- Audio recorder found hidden in BYU classroom
- Students get hip-hop physics lesson
- Is saying the Pledge of Allegiance... 13
- Audio recorder found hidden in BYU... 8
- School grading system changes in light... 6
- Harvard and UNC sued over their... 3
- FCC chair wants fee hike to expand... 2
- Report: Utah among top 10 states for... 2
- Some stay home as Brighton High beefs... 1
- AF High Band performs with borrowed... 1