Copper Hills football coach suspended, assistant fired
WEST JORDAN — Copper Hills High School's head football coach has been suspended for two games and an assistant coach has been fired, a district spokeswoman confirmed Tuesday.
Head coach John Tuescher will be allowed to continue working with the team but will not be act as head coach, Jordan School District spokeswoman Sandy Riesgraf said.
Offensive line coach John Cullen was fired, Riesgraf said, and following his termination resigned from his hall monitor job at the school.
Riesgraf said the decision was made by the school's principal and not by the district. She declined to provide further information about what prompted the suspension and termination of the two coaches.
The Copper Hills Grizzlies lost their homecoming game 23-20 to Snow Canyon on Friday. They face against Jordan this weekend and West Jordan on Oct. 4.
— McKenzie Romero
- Report: Utah home to 'most impressive'...
- Students hope to invent windows of the future
- Are you smarter than an 8th grader? Find out...
- Doug Robinson: Linda Saville is a heroine who...
- Local free community college plans may be...
- Colleges trying to find ways to deal with...
- Utah lawmakers eyeing early childhood education
- 30 years after art heist, museum hopes to get...
- Local free community college plans may... 7
- The integration of art into STEM sounds... 7
- Washington university cancels classes... 5
- Utah lawmakers eyeing early childhood... 4
- Is the pressure to excel too much for... 2
- Report: Utah home to 'most impressive'... 2
- Are you smarter than an 8th grader?... 2