Copper Hills football coach suspended, assistant fired
WEST JORDAN — Copper Hills High School's head football coach has been suspended for two games and an assistant coach has been fired, a district spokeswoman confirmed Tuesday.
Head coach John Tuescher will be allowed to continue working with the team but will not be act as head coach, Jordan School District spokeswoman Sandy Riesgraf said.
Offensive line coach John Cullen was fired, Riesgraf said, and following his termination resigned from his hall monitor job at the school.
Riesgraf said the decision was made by the school's principal and not by the district. She declined to provide further information about what prompted the suspension and termination of the two coaches.
The Copper Hills Grizzlies lost their homecoming game 23-20 to Snow Canyon on Friday. They face against Jordan this weekend and West Jordan on Oct. 4.
— McKenzie Romero
- It's 2014: Are all our schools proficient yet?
- Lockhart, Seelig work to galvanize Utah's women
- The poorest of the poor in many Third World...
- This type of high school can increase your...
- Special assembly held to promote STEM education
- Educators at UEA convention told to 'push back'
- Making your student debt worth its burden
- Feminist speaker claims USU didn't warn her...