Copper Hills football coach suspended, assistant fired
WEST JORDAN — Copper Hills High School's head football coach has been suspended for two games and an assistant coach has been fired, a district spokeswoman confirmed Tuesday.
Head coach John Tuescher will be allowed to continue working with the team but will not be act as head coach, Jordan School District spokeswoman Sandy Riesgraf said.
Offensive line coach John Cullen was fired, Riesgraf said, and following his termination resigned from his hall monitor job at the school.
Riesgraf said the decision was made by the school's principal and not by the district. She declined to provide further information about what prompted the suspension and termination of the two coaches.
The Copper Hills Grizzlies lost their homecoming game 23-20 to Snow Canyon on Friday. They face against Jordan this weekend and West Jordan on Oct. 4.
— McKenzie Romero
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Odyssey Elementary opens doors for...
- House Speaker Becky Lockhart is running for...
- Flooding at BYU cancels Thursday afternoon...
- 15 actions families are taking today to make...
- State School Board confirms interim...
- This class may be the key to lowering...
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 34
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic... 28
- Allow student loan bankruptcies,... 17
- First scores from SAGE testing expected... 15
- House Speaker Becky Lockhart is running... 15
- Huckabee: 'Stop the fight' over Common... 9
- Kids' brains reorganize when learning... 7
- Public will soon see... 3