No one enjoys registering a car and paying taxes on it, but kudos to the Department of Motor Vehicles for making it almost painless.
Last month I realized my daughter's car would be out of the state when the registration came due. I called to find out if I could register it early and how to do so. A recording came on saying all lines were busy and the wait would be about 3 minutes. Within that 3 minutes a worker came on the line, answered my questions and gave me two options for getting the car registered. I decided to just go to the DMV and wait in line to get it registered so it would be done. I figured it would be an all day project.
Imagine my delight when I quickly got it inspected (thanks to Jiffy Lube) and found there was a drive-up option at the DMV. It was as easy as making a bank deposit and just as fast. Within an hour, the car was inspected, registered and ready for my daughter to take it on the road the next day. Thank you to the DMV and the innovative and helpful people who work there.
- There are no Frodos without Sams: The reality...
- My view: Eliminating the root cause of bullying
- In our opinion: In an entrepreneurial...
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Letter: Amnesty for who?
- In our opinion: FDA must consider regulating...
- Brad Stine: Words created everything, so we...
- Letter: Medicare Advantage costs
- Letter: Socialism, like salt 49
- There are no Frodos without Sams: The... 43
- Letter: Disagreement vs. hate 42
- George F. Will: Understanding our... 41
- In our opinion: An immigration opportunity 35
- My view: Immigration reform just makes... 33
- My view: Eliminating the root cause of... 27
- Robert J. Samuelson: Long-term... 26