“(The Fed) is saying that you’ve got the fundamentals in place to succeed now independent of our assistance,” he said. “There is a real positive when the Federal Reserve is looking at all these economic indicators that is suggesting that the recovery is 'in full bloom.'"
Shumway said the Fed likely will begin easing back on its infusion of cash into the economy and “loosen the reins” on keeping interest rates especially low over the next few months.
“Within 12 to 18 months, you will see the economic stimulus completely end,” he said. “It’s a positive sign. It’s like being on a life-support system and they are finally able to remove it because your body is healthy enough to start prospering on its own.”
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing you...
- WestJet airline video goes viral as Santa...
- Young adults are faced with risky decision to...
- The Grand America and the Flower Patch: Once...
- Gift Guide: Do homework when buying a tablet...
- 2 financial goals you should revisit every year
- Are Americans investing or speculating on a...
- Utah gas prices among lowest in nation
- Young adults are faced with risky... 13
- The American Dream is still alive for... 11
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing... 11
- System failure to blame for delayed... 9
- Leavitt stresses importance of allies,... 8
- WestJet airline video goes viral as... 4
- Utah gas prices among lowest in nation 4
- Companies make CEO changes in U.S. and... 3