“(The Fed) is saying that you’ve got the fundamentals in place to succeed now independent of our assistance,” he said. “There is a real positive when the Federal Reserve is looking at all these economic indicators that is suggesting that the recovery is 'in full bloom.'"
Shumway said the Fed likely will begin easing back on its infusion of cash into the economy and “loosen the reins” on keeping interest rates especially low over the next few months.
“Within 12 to 18 months, you will see the economic stimulus completely end,” he said. “It’s a positive sign. It’s like being on a life-support system and they are finally able to remove it because your body is healthy enough to start prospering on its own.”
- BYU chemist makes breakthrough discovery on...
- Deseret News National Edition seeing rapid...
- Convention hotel bill passes Utah Legislature
- Obama shows his funny side while promoting...
- Europe: You can't use the name Parmesan if...
- 'A treasured tradition:' KSL Radiothon...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't waste your time,...
- How expensive is your ego?
- Obama shows his funny side while... 40
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't waste your... 19
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 18
- Official: Obama to push for more... 7
- Commuter rail travel increased from... 7
- Europe: You can't use the name Parmesan... 4
- White House promotes economic issues... 4
- Randy Shumway: China is a vital... 4