Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SANDY — Seniors had a chance Tuesday to show they've still got it in the Mr. & Ms. Golden Years Pageant.
Utah Health Care Association, an advocacy group representing Utah’s nursing and post-acute care home community, celebrated the state’s seniors in the 17th annual pageant.
The pageant’s contestants, all residents of long-term care facilities from across the state, range in age from the mid-60s to their 90s. The contest celebrates the lives of Utah’s aging population and promotes their continued quality of life.
Contestants answer a variety of questions, and are encouraged to share their many accomplishments with the pageant’s judges and audience. Questions include “If you could give the youth of today one piece of advice, what would it be?” and “If you could change places with anyone from the present or past, who would it be and why?”
Lothele Davis and Marty Smart were crowned Mr. & Ms. Golden Years.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- California man drove to Vernal for sex with...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12