PROVO — No. 18 BYU will host the No. 16 Denver Pioneers on Thursday, Sept. 26 at 7 p.m. on South Field. It will be the last home game before West Coast Conference play begins.
Last week, BYU (5-2-1) split a pair of games. The Cougars came back from a 2-0 deficit Thursday by scoring three goals in five minutes to defeat Oklahoma, 3-2. On the road, BYU fell to Long Beach State, 1-0, on Saturday night.
Denver (7-1-1) lost its first game of the season Sunday on the road to Nebraska. Denver Hermann Trophy candidate Kristen Hamilton set Denver's career scoring mark against Nebraska.
Denver made it to the Sweet 16 in last year's NCAA tournament, and the Pioneers were picked to win the Summit League.
BYU's final non-conference game takes place at Baylor on Friday, Oct. 4 at 6 p.m. MDT.
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Booker-ing ram and broken dreams: Midseason...
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 32
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 23
- BYU football: Jaren Hall, the son of... 15
- BYU, Nevada both struggling in pass... 13