PROVO — No. 18 BYU will host the No. 16 Denver Pioneers on Thursday, Sept. 26 at 7 p.m. on South Field. It will be the last home game before West Coast Conference play begins.
Last week, BYU (5-2-1) split a pair of games. The Cougars came back from a 2-0 deficit Thursday by scoring three goals in five minutes to defeat Oklahoma, 3-2. On the road, BYU fell to Long Beach State, 1-0, on Saturday night.
Denver (7-1-1) lost its first game of the season Sunday on the road to Nebraska. Denver Hermann Trophy candidate Kristen Hamilton set Denver's career scoring mark against Nebraska.
Denver made it to the Sweet 16 in last year's NCAA tournament, and the Pioneers were picked to win the Summit League.
BYU's final non-conference game takes place at Baylor on Friday, Oct. 4 at 6 p.m. MDT.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Underrated East Carolina will test BYU's defense
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Plenty of familiarity between coaching staffs...
- Tanner Mangum's on-the-job training continues...
- Corso and headgear and signs, oh, my: What...
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 53
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 40
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 19
- Red and blue recruits: Utes reap... 17
- Ansah, Wagner or Weddle: Which local... 14
- BYU's defense, among nation's leaders... 12