BYU golf: Cougar Day brings back friendship and tradition for BYU golf
PROVO — Cougar Day created an opportunity for the public to watch former BYU golfers on the PGA tour at Riverside Country Club.
"It was awesome," BYU men's golf head coach Bruce Brockbank said. "We had another great day and it's been a treat to watch past players come back to the event to support our program. It was just fun to have them back and it creates excitement."
The day started off with a tribute to former Cougar Michael Brannan, who passed away earlier this year, and set the tone of brotherhood, friendship and tradition in BYU golf. Brannan was inducted into the BYU Hall of Fame in 1989.
"It was a very touching tribute and a really heart-felt thought," Brockbank said. "He was a great ambassador not only to his family, but also to his team."
Two hundred people were able to experience and listen to former players at the event.
"Any time you have former players who made it far into their careers and take the time to come to Provo, it makes it special," Brockbank said. "We do it every other year and today was one of the best. We can't thank the sponsors enough, because it wouldn't be possible without them. It was a record-breaking year."
Former Cougars such as Johnny Miller, Keith Clearwater, Mike Reid, Pat McGowan, Dean Wilson and Daniel Summerhays were in attendance at Riverside to support the BYU men's golf program.
- Commentary: Long-term success in independence...
- BYU basketball: Cougars face No. 21 UMass in...
- 2014 NBA draft tracker: An ongoing look at...
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom Hill,...
- Cougars in the pros: Austin Collie re-signs...
- Utah Jazz: Rip City, all right...
- Utah State football: Immovable Aggies face...
- Utah Jazz: Banner day coming for Jerry Sloan
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 101
- College football re-rankings: Where do... 60
- Unbeaten Utes hit the road for the... 58
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 57
- Sources: Former BYU quarterback Steve... 53
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 48
- BYU basketball: 3 players record... 47
- Dick Harmon: USC taps BYU experience... 46