SALT LAKE CITY — Travis Wilson was named the National Offensive Player of the Week by Athlon Sports following Utah's win over in-state foe BYU.
If you ask head coach Kyle Whittingham, this is just par for the course. Whittingham, in his weekly press conference, said there is not a single thing Wilson is doing poorly. He said while Wilson can still stand to improve in many areas, his growth has been remarkable, and the on-the-field results have shown that.
Wilson said that although he was very happy to beat BYU and celebrated hard afterward, it's time to move on from the rivalry win and look ahead to the UCLA Bruins next week.
On a mobile device? Watch the video on YouTube.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34