Video: Utah QB Travis Wilson hitting his stride one-third through the season
SALT LAKE CITY — Travis Wilson was named the National Offensive Player of the Week by Athlon Sports following Utah's win over in-state foe BYU.
If you ask head coach Kyle Whittingham, this is just par for the course. Whittingham, in his weekly press conference, said there is not a single thing Wilson is doing poorly. He said while Wilson can still stand to improve in many areas, his growth has been remarkable, and the on-the-field results have shown that.
Wilson said that although he was very happy to beat BYU and celebrated hard afterward, it's time to move on from the rivalry win and look ahead to the UCLA Bruins next week.
On a mobile device? Watch the video on YouTube.
- ACC media days has some interesting tidbits...
- High school football: Top 25 preseason rankings
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to expand,...
- Some fringe Jazz players opened eyes in Vegas
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- BYU football: Alani Fua may be next Cougar...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 176
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 72
- BYU's Jamaal Williams, Utah State's Joe... 58
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 36
- Brad Rock: Decades later, equality... 30
- Watch list roundup: 22 local players... 27