Video: Utah QB Travis Wilson hitting his stride one-third through the season
SALT LAKE CITY — Travis Wilson was named the National Offensive Player of the Week by Athlon Sports following Utah's win over in-state foe BYU.
If you ask head coach Kyle Whittingham, this is just par for the course. Whittingham, in his weekly press conference, said there is not a single thing Wilson is doing poorly. He said while Wilson can still stand to improve in many areas, his growth has been remarkable, and the on-the-field results have shown that.
Wilson said that although he was very happy to beat BYU and celebrated hard afterward, it's time to move on from the rivalry win and look ahead to the UCLA Bruins next week.
On a mobile device? Watch the video on YouTube.
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 63
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 32
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28