Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
WEST VALLEY CITY — The city will host its PetFest from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at the West Valley City/Taylorsville Animal Shelter, 4522 W. 3500 South.
The public is invited to the free event. There will be a celebrity guest, Gunny Monster, an Olde English Bulldogge supporting the U.S. Marine Corps.
The event will also feature a best-dressed pet competition, police K-9 demonstration, free pet tags for the first 100 guests, free adoption vouchers, pet agility demonstrations, food for sale and activities for kids. Volunteer information, donation opportunities and information from community partners will also be available.
“Our goal is to increase adoptions and save lives,” city spokesman Aaron Crim said. “We are excited to welcome the community out to see our facility, find out about the services we offer and perhaps even fall in love with a new furry friend.”
For more information, visit www.wvc-ut.gov/petfest.
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- Tino, the king of Hogle Zoo's jungle, is...
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 40
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 24
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17
- PacSun pulls T-shirt from shelves after... 15