Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
WEST VALLEY CITY — The city will host its PetFest from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at the West Valley City/Taylorsville Animal Shelter, 4522 W. 3500 South.
The public is invited to the free event. There will be a celebrity guest, Gunny Monster, an Olde English Bulldogge supporting the U.S. Marine Corps.
The event will also feature a best-dressed pet competition, police K-9 demonstration, free pet tags for the first 100 guests, free adoption vouchers, pet agility demonstrations, food for sale and activities for kids. Volunteer information, donation opportunities and information from community partners will also be available.
“Our goal is to increase adoptions and save lives,” city spokesman Aaron Crim said. “We are excited to welcome the community out to see our facility, find out about the services we offer and perhaps even fall in love with a new furry friend.”
For more information, visit www.wvc-ut.gov/petfest.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Shots fired after fight at high school in...
- Utah's expanding Hispanic business at center...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Creativity of ALS ice bucket challenge boosts...
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 166
- Bingham High students walk out over... 93
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 87
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 27
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18