SANDY — A bicyclist was killed when he collided with a minivan Sunday night.
Just after 8 p.m., a minivan made a left turn off 700 East into a condominium complex at 8275 South, and a man on a bicycle slammed into the rear portion of the vehicle, said Sandy Police Sgt. Jon Arnold.
Craig Buchi, 58, of Murray, who was wearing a helmet, was taken to a local hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
Arnold said the investigation into how the accident happened, including whether the cyclist was visible to the driver, was still being conducted.
- Scalia's death leaves major void in high...
- Smithfield teen makes Valentine's Day special...
- France bestows highest honor on Utah veteran
- Race heating up as congressional Democrats...
- Giant Kennecott dump trucks are sporting an...
- Logan man killed in Idaho car crash
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- 3 seriously injured in multi-vehicle crash on...
- Scalia's death leaves major void in... 41
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 40
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 36
- IRS raids properties with possible... 22
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San... 12
- Race heating up as congressional... 12
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 11