SANDY — A bicyclist was killed when he collided with a minivan Sunday night.
Just after 8 p.m., a minivan made a left turn off 700 East into a condominium complex at 8275 South, and a man on a bicycle slammed into the rear portion of the vehicle, said Sandy Police Sgt. Jon Arnold.
Craig Buchi, 58, of Murray, who was wearing a helmet, was taken to a local hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
Arnold said the investigation into how the accident happened, including whether the cyclist was visible to the driver, was still being conducted.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- California man drove to Vernal for sex with...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay...
- A photographic look at how Days of '47 floats...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Supporters rally around breast-feeding... 73
- Gov. says Utah will comply with law if... 59
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14