SANDY — A bicyclist was killed when he collided with a minivan Sunday night.
Just after 8 p.m., a minivan made a left turn off 700 East into a condominium complex at 8275 South, and a man on a bicycle slammed into the rear portion of the vehicle, said Sandy Police Sgt. Jon Arnold.
Craig Buchi, 58, of Murray, who was wearing a helmet, was taken to a local hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
Arnold said the investigation into how the accident happened, including whether the cyclist was visible to the driver, was still being conducted.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 2 charged in attack on gay men; prosecutor...
- Police: Man confronts driver's ed student,...
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 13
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10