SANDY — A bicyclist was killed when he collided with a minivan Sunday night.
Just after 8 p.m., a minivan made a left turn off 700 East into a condominium complex at 8275 South, and a man on a bicycle slammed into the rear portion of the vehicle, said Sandy Police Sgt. Jon Arnold.
Craig Buchi, 58, of Murray, who was wearing a helmet, was taken to a local hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
Arnold said the investigation into how the accident happened, including whether the cyclist was visible to the driver, was still being conducted.
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Sandy mailman's plea for books gets worldwide...
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- Utah natives receive rave reviews, make 'So...
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting program...
- Body found in suitcase near Saltair identified
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 289
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 128
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 101
- Mike Lee plotting tricky maneuver to... 88
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 73
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 65
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 45
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 35