HOBBLE CREEK CANYON, Utah County — For the second time in two days, a teenager was critically injured in an ATV accident in this area on Sunday.
Three teens were riding in a Rhino or Razor type ATV about 6 p.m. when the driver lost control of the vehicle and it ended up on its side, said Utah County Sheriff's Sgt. Spencer Cannon. A 17-year-old girl suffered a serious head injury and was taken to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center in critical condition, he said.
Two other teens in the ATV suffered minor injuries but were not hospitalized.
Cannon said speed was believed to be a factor in the crash. The teens were going an estimated 50 mph when they crashed.
The accident comes just a day after two teens were critically injured further down the canyon. A 16-year-old girl also suffered a serious head injury in that Saturday incident.
- Precedents — and exceptions...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- The truth about addiction
- 'Teacherpreneur,' a new role in the world of...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 25
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 15