HOBBLE CREEK CANYON, Utah County — For the second time in two days, a teenager was critically injured in an ATV accident in this area on Sunday.
Three teens were riding in a Rhino or Razor type ATV about 6 p.m. when the driver lost control of the vehicle and it ended up on its side, said Utah County Sheriff's Sgt. Spencer Cannon. A 17-year-old girl suffered a serious head injury and was taken to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center in critical condition, he said.
Two other teens in the ATV suffered minor injuries but were not hospitalized.
Cannon said speed was believed to be a factor in the crash. The teens were going an estimated 50 mph when they crashed.
The accident comes just a day after two teens were critically injured further down the canyon. A 16-year-old girl also suffered a serious head injury in that Saturday incident.
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without parole?
- 25 of the craziest — and cutest —...
- Photo gallery: Journey headlines 35th Stadium...
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- Funeral services for President Boyd K. Packer...
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- About Utah: They go back to give back
- Healing underway in Greek Orthodox community
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without... 48
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 43
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 40
- Idaho's gay marriage ban remains in... 36
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 27
- Utah senators seeking support for... 16
- My view: Utah lawmakers can protect... 13
- Pig-shaped hot air balloon crashes in... 12