HOBBLE CREEK CANYON, Utah County — For the second time in two days, a teenager was critically injured in an ATV accident in this area on Sunday.
Three teens were riding in a Rhino or Razor type ATV about 6 p.m. when the driver lost control of the vehicle and it ended up on its side, said Utah County Sheriff's Sgt. Spencer Cannon. A 17-year-old girl suffered a serious head injury and was taken to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center in critical condition, he said.
Two other teens in the ATV suffered minor injuries but were not hospitalized.
Cannon said speed was believed to be a factor in the crash. The teens were going an estimated 50 mph when they crashed.
The accident comes just a day after two teens were critically injured further down the canyon. A 16-year-old girl also suffered a serious head injury in that Saturday incident.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Crash launches engine 100 feet, but seat belt...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14