HOBBLE CREEK CANYON, Utah County — For the second time in two days, a teenager was critically injured in an ATV accident in this area on Sunday.
Three teens were riding in a Rhino or Razor type ATV about 6 p.m. when the driver lost control of the vehicle and it ended up on its side, said Utah County Sheriff's Sgt. Spencer Cannon. A 17-year-old girl suffered a serious head injury and was taken to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center in critical condition, he said.
Two other teens in the ATV suffered minor injuries but were not hospitalized.
Cannon said speed was believed to be a factor in the crash. The teens were going an estimated 50 mph when they crashed.
The accident comes just a day after two teens were critically injured further down the canyon. A 16-year-old girl also suffered a serious head injury in that Saturday incident.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop...
- Horse owners urged to have animals vaccinated
- Judiciary panel OK’s ex-Centerville...
- Bank bomb scare prompts evacuation of...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 37
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 35
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 31
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 18
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 15