HOBBLE CREEK CANYON, Utah County — For the second time in two days, a teenager was critically injured in an ATV accident in this area on Sunday.
Three teens were riding in a Rhino or Razor type ATV about 6 p.m. when the driver lost control of the vehicle and it ended up on its side, said Utah County Sheriff's Sgt. Spencer Cannon. A 17-year-old girl suffered a serious head injury and was taken to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center in critical condition, he said.
Two other teens in the ATV suffered minor injuries but were not hospitalized.
Cannon said speed was believed to be a factor in the crash. The teens were going an estimated 50 mph when they crashed.
The accident comes just a day after two teens were critically injured further down the canyon. A 16-year-old girl also suffered a serious head injury in that Saturday incident.
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Summer Sounds: Train, The Wallflowers play...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 15
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9