Moab receives heavy rain Sunday but no damage reported
MOAB — Heavy rain and ping pong ball-sized hail caused minor flooding problems in Moab Sunday.
The National Weather Service reported a half-inch of rain in the area in 15 minutes Sunday afternoon. Flooding forced officials to close the road to Delicate Arch.
Grand County sheriff's dispatchers said that by Sunday night, however, most of the flooding had come and gone and there were no reports of outstanding damage.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- Pleasant Grove homeowner shoot, kills man in...
- Report highlights earth-shattering increases...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- 11 signs you're a Jeep driver
- Outcome of same-sex marriage case hard... 54
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 32
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 14
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 12
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 10