Moab receives heavy rain Sunday but no damage reported
MOAB — Heavy rain and ping pong ball-sized hail caused minor flooding problems in Moab Sunday.
The National Weather Service reported a half-inch of rain in the area in 15 minutes Sunday afternoon. Flooding forced officials to close the road to Delicate Arch.
Grand County sheriff's dispatchers said that by Sunday night, however, most of the flooding had come and gone and there were no reports of outstanding damage.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Long-awaited Jeremy Johnson fraud trial kicks...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 37
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 19
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14