Moab receives heavy rain Sunday but no damage reported
MOAB — Heavy rain and ping pong ball-sized hail caused minor flooding problems in Moab Sunday.
The National Weather Service reported a half-inch of rain in the area in 15 minutes Sunday afternoon. Flooding forced officials to close the road to Delicate Arch.
Grand County sheriff's dispatchers said that by Sunday night, however, most of the flooding had come and gone and there were no reports of outstanding damage.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Police release names of officers involved in...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to rally...
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence for...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 156
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 60
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 45
- Police release names of officers... 31
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 29
- Love says commenting on Saratoga... 20
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18