Moab receives heavy rain Sunday but no damage reported
MOAB — Heavy rain and ping pong ball-sized hail caused minor flooding problems in Moab Sunday.
The National Weather Service reported a half-inch of rain in the area in 15 minutes Sunday afternoon. Flooding forced officials to close the road to Delicate Arch.
Grand County sheriff's dispatchers said that by Sunday night, however, most of the flooding had come and gone and there were no reports of outstanding damage.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- See what the pioneers thought, felt as they...
- Rare cancer treatment leaves Provo teen hopeful
- Head-on collision kills 2, injures 3 in Eagle...
- Student attitudes changing on healthy school...
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop officers...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 15
- Union Pacific train makes special... 14
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- New solar panels are symbol of the... 11