USU golf: Aggies continue fall season at Boise State hosted Dash Thomas Memorial
LOGAN — Utah State’s men’s golf team will continue its fall season on Monday, Sept. 23, at the Dash Thomas Memorial hosted by Boise State University. The two-day, 54-hole tournament will be held at the BanBury Golf Course in Eagle, Idaho.
The tournament, which gets underway at 8:30 a.m., will play at par-71 over the 6,890-yard layout. Teams will play two rounds Monday and the final round Tuesday.
Joining Utah State in the 12-team field is Cal State Fullerton, Concorida, Grand Canyon, Idaho, Sacramento State, Seattle, Southern Utah, Stetson, Utah Valley, Weber State and host Boise State.
Scheduled to compete for the Aggies is senior Tanner Higham (Shelley, Idaho), junior Grahm Schmaltz (Kalispell, Mont.), sophomore Seokwon Jeon (Salt Lake City, Utah), and freshmen Braxton Miller (Boise, Idaho) and Eli Rogers (Hamilton, Mont.). Sophomore Brennan Coburn (Layton, Utah) will also compete in the tournament as an individual.
In its last competition, Utah State finished tied for ninth place out of 16 teams at the U.S. Air Force Academy hosted Gene Miranda Invitational with a 21-over 885 (296-295-294). USU’s top finisher was Jeon who placed tied for fourth with a 5-under 211 (70-73-68), which was his best-ever collegiate finish and lowest 54-hole score.
Thus far in 2013, Jeon has a stroke average of 71.33, followed by Higham (73.67), Rogers (75.33), Schmaltz (76.17) and Coburn (79.67). Miller will be competing for the first time in his collegiate career this weekend.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- ESPN highlights BYU basketball's roster...
- Morning links: BYU letting fans tailgate;...
- J.J. O'Brien's basketball career comes full...
- BYU opponent preview: Mixing Riley's system...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk (ahem,...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 104
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 52
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27