USU golf: Aggies continue fall season at Boise State hosted Dash Thomas Memorial
LOGAN — Utah State’s men’s golf team will continue its fall season on Monday, Sept. 23, at the Dash Thomas Memorial hosted by Boise State University. The two-day, 54-hole tournament will be held at the BanBury Golf Course in Eagle, Idaho.
The tournament, which gets underway at 8:30 a.m., will play at par-71 over the 6,890-yard layout. Teams will play two rounds Monday and the final round Tuesday.
Joining Utah State in the 12-team field is Cal State Fullerton, Concorida, Grand Canyon, Idaho, Sacramento State, Seattle, Southern Utah, Stetson, Utah Valley, Weber State and host Boise State.
Scheduled to compete for the Aggies is senior Tanner Higham (Shelley, Idaho), junior Grahm Schmaltz (Kalispell, Mont.), sophomore Seokwon Jeon (Salt Lake City, Utah), and freshmen Braxton Miller (Boise, Idaho) and Eli Rogers (Hamilton, Mont.). Sophomore Brennan Coburn (Layton, Utah) will also compete in the tournament as an individual.
In its last competition, Utah State finished tied for ninth place out of 16 teams at the U.S. Air Force Academy hosted Gene Miranda Invitational with a 21-over 885 (296-295-294). USU’s top finisher was Jeon who placed tied for fourth with a 5-under 211 (70-73-68), which was his best-ever collegiate finish and lowest 54-hole score.
Thus far in 2013, Jeon has a stroke average of 71.33, followed by Higham (73.67), Rogers (75.33), Schmaltz (76.17) and Coburn (79.67). Miller will be competing for the first time in his collegiate career this weekend.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- BYU jumps into national spotlight after big...
- BYU basketball analysis: How the Cougars held...
- Holmoe assesses the state of the program as...
- Skyler Halford helps key BYU's late-season...
- How about a Utah-BYU matchup in NCAA tournament?
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle with Arizona
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 102
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 92
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle... 76
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 64
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 50
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29
- BYU looking forward to big showdown at... 27