Utah State report card: Aggies' effort not good enough, again, against BCS road opponent USC
Mark J. Terrill, AP
Aggie fans have seen this before.
For a fifth-straight year, the Utah State football team came this close to beating a good BCS team in what was the program’s first ABC appearance in 35 years.
For the second-straight year, the point difference was a field goal. USU’s offense, led by junior quarterback Chuckie Keeton, was stymied. Utah State's defense did all it could to keep the Aggies in the game, but USU ultimately came up short against USC, 17-14.
Rhett Wilkinson is a project manager for UtahPolicy.com and hails the true-blooded Aggies from Utah. The co-founder of magazine Aggie BluePrint.com, he's been an intern for the Deseret News and other publications. email@example.com | @wilklogan
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26