Reader voices: The prayer that was answered before I said 'amen'
As a young family, we lived in Great Falls, Mont.
At the time, my husband, who was also the stake mission president, was a traveling salesman, and I was home alone with two young boys, ages 4 and 2.
We had eaten the last of our food.
At 10:30 p.m., I knelt down and prayed to the Lord, asking him to please send me some more food since we had none.
In the middle of my prayer the door bell rang, and there was an elder from the ward on my doorstep. He cleaned delivery airplanes and was also in the Air Force. Whenever there was extra food on the plane, he was allowed to take what he wanted. He usually would take it all and share with those in need.
My prayer was answered before I could even say "amen."
Naomi Hesterman lives in Phoenix.
- This is even more evidence that Jesus may...
- Helping people deal with criticisms against...
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a hobby,...
- 8 interesting facts about the Toronto Ontario...
- How serving an LDS mission prepared me for...
- LDS Church will continue Boy Scout program
- Defending the Faith: Parallels between Lehite...
- Recently vandalized Fort Collins Colorado...
- LDS Church will continue Boy Scout program 256
- Marching band not allowed to perform... 105
- Defending the Faith: Parallels between... 44
- LDS Church releases statement after... 28
- Mormon woman will be first female West... 16
- Is there too much faith in college... 12
- This is even more evidence that Jesus... 9
- Recently vandalized Fort Collins... 8