Reader voices: The prayer that was answered before I said 'amen'
As a young family, we lived in Great Falls, Mont.
At the time, my husband, who was also the stake mission president, was a traveling salesman, and I was home alone with two young boys, ages 4 and 2.
We had eaten the last of our food.
At 10:30 p.m., I knelt down and prayed to the Lord, asking him to please send me some more food since we had none.
In the middle of my prayer the door bell rang, and there was an elder from the ward on my doorstep. He cleaned delivery airplanes and was also in the Air Force. Whenever there was extra food on the plane, he was allowed to take what he wanted. He usually would take it all and share with those in need.
My prayer was answered before I could even say "amen."
Naomi Hesterman lives in Phoenix.
- Are church youth dances outdated?
- Seeking and sorrowing: Sisters of the Prophet...
- Returned Mormon missionary wins Ms. Virginia...
- Number of LDS converts, missionaries...
- Rare LDS Church document discovered that...
- Defending the Faith: The mystery of the...
- Elder Nelson dedicates Life Sciences...
- Joseph and Emma Smith as parents
- Defending the Faith: The mystery of the... 62
- Faith groups urge Supreme Court to... 61
- Are church youth dances outdated? 50
- Returned Mormon missionary wins Ms.... 37
- Jerry Earl Johnston: The Founding... 25
- 5 faith facts about Marco Rubio:... 14
- Elder Nelson dedicates Life Sciences... 13
- Number of LDS converts, missionaries... 13