Reader voices: The prayer that was answered before I said 'amen'
As a young family, we lived in Great Falls, Mont.
At the time, my husband, who was also the stake mission president, was a traveling salesman, and I was home alone with two young boys, ages 4 and 2.
We had eaten the last of our food.
At 10:30 p.m., I knelt down and prayed to the Lord, asking him to please send me some more food since we had none.
In the middle of my prayer the door bell rang, and there was an elder from the ward on my doorstep. He cleaned delivery airplanes and was also in the Air Force. Whenever there was extra food on the plane, he was allowed to take what he wanted. He usually would take it all and share with those in need.
My prayer was answered before I could even say "amen."
Naomi Hesterman lives in Phoenix.
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- New collaboration helps track pioneer...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's influence...
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch indexing...
- What life was like for the Mormon pioneers...
- Defending the Faith: Remembering the Exodus...
- Defending the Faith: Remembering the... 34
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 19
- After government topples crosses in... 17
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 17
- What life was like for the Mormon... 16
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 13
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 4
- Having trouble understanding the Bible?... 4