Reader voices: The prayer that was answered before I said 'amen'
As a young family, we lived in Great Falls, Mont.
At the time, my husband, who was also the stake mission president, was a traveling salesman, and I was home alone with two young boys, ages 4 and 2.
We had eaten the last of our food.
At 10:30 p.m., I knelt down and prayed to the Lord, asking him to please send me some more food since we had none.
In the middle of my prayer the door bell rang, and there was an elder from the ward on my doorstep. He cleaned delivery airplanes and was also in the Air Force. Whenever there was extra food on the plane, he was allowed to take what he wanted. He usually would take it all and share with those in need.
My prayer was answered before I could even say "amen."
Naomi Hesterman lives in Phoenix.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- LDS Church to break ground next month for...
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer on trek...
- Researching Family History: It's a day of a...
- Wright Words: Why I’m sorry for judging...
- LDS leaders picture quiz: Can you name that...
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer... 69
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 47
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest? 43
- What does the Mormon 'temperature'... 38
- Obama will sign order barring gay,... 26
- LDS Church to break ground next month... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- What would Jesus buy? New website helps... 14