Reader voices: The prayer that was answered before I said 'amen'
As a young family, we lived in Great Falls, Mont.
At the time, my husband, who was also the stake mission president, was a traveling salesman, and I was home alone with two young boys, ages 4 and 2.
We had eaten the last of our food.
At 10:30 p.m., I knelt down and prayed to the Lord, asking him to please send me some more food since we had none.
In the middle of my prayer the door bell rang, and there was an elder from the ward on my doorstep. He cleaned delivery airplanes and was also in the Air Force. Whenever there was extra food on the plane, he was allowed to take what he wanted. He usually would take it all and share with those in need.
My prayer was answered before I could even say "amen."
Naomi Hesterman lives in Phoenix.
- 35 memorable photos from the LDS Church News...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian faith...
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new movie,...
- 2 LDS teens create video to share Mormon beliefs
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had far-reaching...
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- FamilySearch provides LDS members with... 18
- LDS Church leaders share excitement for... 14
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members 10
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote... 6
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be... 6
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had... 5
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new... 5