Reader voices: The prayer that was answered before I said 'amen'
As a young family, we lived in Great Falls, Mont.
At the time, my husband, who was also the stake mission president, was a traveling salesman, and I was home alone with two young boys, ages 4 and 2.
We had eaten the last of our food.
At 10:30 p.m., I knelt down and prayed to the Lord, asking him to please send me some more food since we had none.
In the middle of my prayer the door bell rang, and there was an elder from the ward on my doorstep. He cleaned delivery airplanes and was also in the Air Force. Whenever there was extra food on the plane, he was allowed to take what he wanted. He usually would take it all and share with those in need.
My prayer was answered before I could even say "amen."
Naomi Hesterman lives in Phoenix.
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former executive...
- Well-prepared Scouts rescue couple off Mount...
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10...
- Watch: Mormon missionaries save baby ducks
- LDS Church releases video about overcoming...
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS...
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in... 90
- LDS Church releases video about... 43
- Defending the Faith: Paul and his list... 24
- LDS stake presidency participates in... 19
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 10
- Want to keep your faith in college?... 7
- Is James Foley a martyr? A brutal death... 7
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS... 6