Reader voices: The prayer that was answered before I said 'amen'
As a young family, we lived in Great Falls, Mont.
At the time, my husband, who was also the stake mission president, was a traveling salesman, and I was home alone with two young boys, ages 4 and 2.
We had eaten the last of our food.
At 10:30 p.m., I knelt down and prayed to the Lord, asking him to please send me some more food since we had none.
In the middle of my prayer the door bell rang, and there was an elder from the ward on my doorstep. He cleaned delivery airplanes and was also in the Air Force. Whenever there was extra food on the plane, he was allowed to take what he wanted. He usually would take it all and share with those in need.
My prayer was answered before I could even say "amen."
Naomi Hesterman lives in Phoenix.
- LDS Church to create new missions in Utah and...
- 19 inspiring Christmas quotes from President...
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey of...
- Students' moving video on the Christmas truce...
- How would LDS be affected by renewed US-Cuba...
- 'A light on the hill': Las Vegas Nevada...
- Christmas without Jesus
- Ask Angela: LDS bridal showers are out... 48
- Defending the Faith: A modern witness... 42
- How would LDS be affected by renewed... 27
- LDS Church to create new missions in... 18
- Chris Hicks: Has Hollywood found new... 16
- Christmas without Jesus 13
- Visiting minister urges unity among... 10
- So wait? Pets don't go to heaven? 9