Reader voices: The prayer that was answered before I said 'amen'
As a young family, we lived in Great Falls, Mont.
At the time, my husband, who was also the stake mission president, was a traveling salesman, and I was home alone with two young boys, ages 4 and 2.
We had eaten the last of our food.
At 10:30 p.m., I knelt down and prayed to the Lord, asking him to please send me some more food since we had none.
In the middle of my prayer the door bell rang, and there was an elder from the ward on my doorstep. He cleaned delivery airplanes and was also in the Air Force. Whenever there was extra food on the plane, he was allowed to take what he wanted. He usually would take it all and share with those in need.
My prayer was answered before I could even say "amen."
Naomi Hesterman lives in Phoenix.
- Responding to Trump, Clinton says he has 'no...
- 1st edition Book of Mormon sells for $52,500...
- Pope prays at Armenia memorial after...
- Pope visits Armenia's closed border with...
- Twila Van Leer: What family history treasures...
- ESPN NBA draft expert Chad Ford is also a...
- Church releases video in conjunction with...
- Picturing history: Historic Kirtland
- Mormon youth leader dies on trek outing... 72
- Defending the Faith: The challenge... 29
- Survey: White evangelicals say US no... 21
- Trump to top evangelicals:... 19
- 7 conservative Christians who are not... 11
- Responding to Trump, Clinton says he... 10
- LDS family stars in new TLC show,... 9
- Family of scholars: Utah family... 9