In 2004, Utah resident Meg Johnson accidentally jumped off a cliff and ended up with multiple broken bones and a four-month hospital stay. When Johnson was released from the hospital, it was as a quadriplegic. She would be in a wheelchair for the rest of her life.
Her thoughts on that were, "Princesses are not in wheelchairs."
Instead of feeling sorry for herself, Johnson looked for things in life that inspired her, and in turn, inspired others. She found the qualities that truly made a woman a princess, and wrote them down so others would see the royalty in themselves.
Johnson advises readers to do one thing when they are feeling less than royal: Blow Heavenly Father a K.I.S.S.
Be Kind, See Individual Worth, Sing and Smile.
As a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Johnson encourages girls and women to recognize personal worth and remember that they are daughters of a Heavenly Father who loves them. If they keep this in mind, their choices will be royally influenced.
Johnson fills her book with personal anecdotes about her failures, successes and stops along the way to realizing what it means to be a daughter of God. Through both witty commentary and spiritual references, Johnson's writing leaps off of the page as if she is in the room speaking to an audience of one. Not only does Johnson remind the reader how royal they are, but she charms and impresses like a true princess herself.
Tara Creel is a Logan native and mother of three boys. Her email is email@example.com.
- Women hired by LDS Church History Department...
- UTubers: Returned LDS missionary part of...
- LDS missionaries safe in Taiwan after earthquake
- Mormon Taylor Swift look-alike draws national...
- Mormon Mentions: Adam Levine praises The...
- LDS Church leaders speak at RootsTech Family...
- After 3rd round of Hollywood Week on...
- New tools to facilitate work of salvation...
- Defending the Faith: Why the question... 36
- Obama at prayer breakfast: 'Jesus is a... 25
- Obama's take on 3 key debates about... 13
- Bernie Sanders disappoints some... 13
- 'A unique insight': Jermaine Sullivan... 7
- Maintaining faith during LDS Church... 5
- Panthers or Broncos? God does not care 5
- 'Rich and fascinating': New online... 4