In 2004, Utah resident Meg Johnson accidentally jumped off a cliff and ended up with multiple broken bones and a four-month hospital stay. When Johnson was released from the hospital, it was as a quadriplegic. She would be in a wheelchair for the rest of her life.
Her thoughts on that were, "Princesses are not in wheelchairs."
Instead of feeling sorry for herself, Johnson looked for things in life that inspired her, and in turn, inspired others. She found the qualities that truly made a woman a princess, and wrote them down so others would see the royalty in themselves.
Johnson advises readers to do one thing when they are feeling less than royal: Blow Heavenly Father a K.I.S.S.
Be Kind, See Individual Worth, Sing and Smile.
As a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Johnson encourages girls and women to recognize personal worth and remember that they are daughters of a Heavenly Father who loves them. If they keep this in mind, their choices will be royally influenced.
Johnson fills her book with personal anecdotes about her failures, successes and stops along the way to realizing what it means to be a daughter of God. Through both witty commentary and spiritual references, Johnson's writing leaps off of the page as if she is in the room speaking to an audience of one. Not only does Johnson remind the reader how royal they are, but she charms and impresses like a true princess herself.
Tara Creel is a Logan native and mother of three boys. Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- Some LDS missionaries coming home from...
- LDS leader describes writing Elder Neal A....
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Elizabeth Smart encourages BYU audience to...
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit offers chance to...
- Director Darren Aronofsky’s...
- Temple tax: European court rules LDS... 95
- Ask Angela: LDS women have unrealistic... 53
- Family of BYU student hit by car say... 39
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to... 35
- When Satan steals your motherhood 31
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Sweden... 23
- 'Son of God' is strong on production,... 20
- Defending the Faith: Where is Mount Sinai? 20