In 2004, Utah resident Meg Johnson accidentally jumped off a cliff and ended up with multiple broken bones and a four-month hospital stay. When Johnson was released from the hospital, it was as a quadriplegic. She would be in a wheelchair for the rest of her life.
Her thoughts on that were, "Princesses are not in wheelchairs."
Instead of feeling sorry for herself, Johnson looked for things in life that inspired her, and in turn, inspired others. She found the qualities that truly made a woman a princess, and wrote them down so others would see the royalty in themselves.
Johnson advises readers to do one thing when they are feeling less than royal: Blow Heavenly Father a K.I.S.S.
Be Kind, See Individual Worth, Sing and Smile.
As a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Johnson encourages girls and women to recognize personal worth and remember that they are daughters of a Heavenly Father who loves them. If they keep this in mind, their choices will be royally influenced.
Johnson fills her book with personal anecdotes about her failures, successes and stops along the way to realizing what it means to be a daughter of God. Through both witty commentary and spiritual references, Johnson's writing leaps off of the page as if she is in the room speaking to an audience of one. Not only does Johnson remind the reader how royal they are, but she charms and impresses like a true princess herself.
Tara Creel is a Logan native and mother of three boys. Her email is email@example.com.
- LDS Church clarifies position on...
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- LDS Church to create new missions in Utah and...
- Pope in blistering critique of Vatican...
- 19 inspiring Christmas quotes from President...
- The Clean Cut: Lexi Walker sings Christmas...
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey of...
- LDS World: Jesus Christ is the solution
- LDS Church clarifies position on... 53
- Defending the Faith: A modern witness... 46
- How would LDS be affected by renewed... 27
- Christmas without Jesus 20
- LDS Church to create new missions in... 20
- Forget Santa Claus, Virginia. Was there... 19
- Chris Hicks: Has Hollywood found new... 16
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary... 13