Social media swag: BYU, Utah fans display their school pride on Twitter
Photo via former BYU player David Nixon's Twitter handle, @D_Nixon
This week, there is no shortage of Utahns displaying their true colors.
Whether they are a fan of the Utes or Cougars, people all around the state — as well as some who are out of state but have ties to the rivalry — have gotten into the spirit of rivalry week.
With this being the final BYU-Utah game until the two teams meet again in 2016 — the first break in the rivalry since World War II — fans have gone to great lengths to show their school spirit.
Some fans adorned their school's apparel; others turned their lawns into a work of art.
Businesses around the state have become a friendly war zone, with blue and red banter dominating the week.
And plenty of fans have turned to Twitter to display their colors.
One of the most extreme cases of school spirit hit the sky late in the week, when a crane was used to unfurl a gigantic BYU flag just off I-15 in Sandy.
Here's a look at some of the things BYU and Utah fans have tweeted out this week, in anticipation of Saturday's clash:
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 45
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 28