Social media swag: BYU, Utah fans display their school pride on Twitter
Photo via former BYU player David Nixon's Twitter handle, @D_Nixon
This week, there is no shortage of Utahns displaying their true colors.
Whether they are a fan of the Utes or Cougars, people all around the state — as well as some who are out of state but have ties to the rivalry — have gotten into the spirit of rivalry week.
With this being the final BYU-Utah game until the two teams meet again in 2016 — the first break in the rivalry since World War II — fans have gone to great lengths to show their school spirit.
Some fans adorned their school's apparel; others turned their lawns into a work of art.
Businesses around the state have become a friendly war zone, with blue and red banter dominating the week.
And plenty of fans have turned to Twitter to display their colors.
One of the most extreme cases of school spirit hit the sky late in the week, when a crane was used to unfurl a gigantic BYU flag just off I-15 in Sandy.
Here's a look at some of the things BYU and Utah fans have tweeted out this week, in anticipation of Saturday's clash:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley paying a...
- Morning links: Bronson Kaufusi could be on...
- Dick Harmon: Sitake is taking advantage of...
- Free agent roundup: Where local prospects are...
- For some Jazz players, their future is up in...
- Utah State football: Offensive lineman Tyshon...
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL draftee
- 41-year-old mom looking to join U.S. team,...
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley... 116
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL... 76
- Big 12 would be better off expanding,... 71
- BYU's Kaufusi, selected in 3rd round of... 32
- Former BYU quarterback Jake Heaps signs... 31
- Report: Utah's Poeltl, Weber State's... 27
- Dick Harmon: SUU, Kaufusi big winners... 27
- Morning links: Taysom Hill a Top 25... 15