Big rivalry game includes largest gathering of returned LDS missionaries
Deseret News Photo
When Utah and BYU meet on the turf of LaVell Edwards Stadium Saturday night, it will be the largest gathering of returned missionaries in college football.
It's like an outdoor priesthood meeting.
These young men traded their football uniforms for white shirts and ties and went about serving and preaching the gospel at different locations around the world.
This year the BYU football team has 47 returned missionaries on its roster, while the University of Utah has 25. Utah State has 24. Returned missionaries for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints can also be found on rosters at Hawaii, Arizona State, Oregon, UCLA, California, Georgia, Stanford, Boise State, Oregon State and UNLV.
If you know of a college football player we have missed, please send an email to email@example.com with the name of the player, his team and where he served his mission.
- ACC media days has some interesting tidbits...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to expand,...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Some fringe Jazz players opened eyes in Vegas
- Off on the right foot: BYU Cougars looking...
- Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn...
- High school football: Top 25 preseason rankings
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 182
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 72
- BYU's Jamaal Williams, Utah State's Joe... 58
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 38
- Brad Rock: Decades later, equality... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 31