Big rivalry game includes largest gathering of returned LDS missionaries
Deseret News Photo
When Utah and BYU meet on the turf of LaVell Edwards Stadium Saturday night, it will be the largest gathering of returned missionaries in college football.
It's like an outdoor priesthood meeting.
These young men traded their football uniforms for white shirts and ties and went about serving and preaching the gospel at different locations around the world.
This year the BYU football team has 47 returned missionaries on its roster, while the University of Utah has 25. Utah State has 24. Returned missionaries for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints can also be found on rosters at Hawaii, Arizona State, Oregon, UCLA, California, Georgia, Stanford, Boise State, Oregon State and UNLV.
If you know of a college football player we have missed, please send an email to email@example.com with the name of the player, his team and where he served his mission.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34