2013 by Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All rights reserved.
A new video, infographic and article published on the LDS Newsroom earlier this week take a closer look at missionary life in missionary training centers (MTCs).
“Because it’s a very demanding lifestyle — one devoted entirely to teaching others about Jesus Christ and helping the needy — each missionary’s first stop is one of the Church’s 15 MTCs, where they spend two to nine weeks in training,” the article “Preparation With Purpose: Life in a Mormon Missionary Training Center” reads.
The article outlines aspects of life within an MTC, including preparing to share the teachings of Jesus Christ, learning a foreign language, learning to live on their own and going forth to serve.
“You arrive here and people are elders and sisters,” Elder Shazer Isae Luis said in the article. Elder Luis was recently trained at the Mexico MTC. “They have a countenance that makes you say, ‘Wow!’ The image a missionary carries with him is very different. It feels magnificent.”
The infographic breaks down facts and statistics of the scheduled life, including a chart with percentages of what missionaries do with their time in the MTC. According to the chart, MTC missionaries spend 50 percent of their time studying, 33 percent sleeping, 11 percent eating and 6 percent doing other activities such as exercise, service and preparation.
- LDS First Presidency calls 8 new MTC presidents
- LDS Church releases 'A Savior Is Born'...
- The Piano Guys perform 'Silent Night' at New...
- New Joseph Smith Papers volume provides...
- Elder Oaks gives special Thanksgiving...
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving preparing...
- A lesson a little girl learned while seeing...
- The effect of having a widow's mite of faith
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving... 11
- Wright Words: Why Thanksgiving is... 4
- A lesson a little girl learned while... 4
- LDS Church releases 'A Savior Is Born'... 4
- The most grateful religions in America,... 2
- Pope Francis brings peace message to... 1
- New Joseph Smith Papers volume provides... 1
- Book review: 'Understanding the... 1