Tom Smart, Deseret News
ANTELOPE ISLAND STATE PARK — Registration is open for the annual Antelope Island Bison Roundup, which will take place Friday and Saturday, Oct. 25-26, on the island.
There is a $40 per rider registration fee. The registration fee includes entrance to the park, a souvenir bandana and entertainment. No registrations will be accepted after Oct. 15.
The main park gate opens at 6 a.m. and the range ride starts at 9 a.m. both days. Mandatory ride orientation starts at 8 a.m. both mornings at the Fielding Garr Ranch. All riders must attend the orientations in order to ride and be assigned to a group.
Those wishing to camp at the Fielding Garr Ranch may check in Thursday, Oct. 24, starting at noon. The overnight camping fee is $36 per vehicle, which pays for Thursday, Friday and Saturday night.
For online registration, rules and a schedule, visit the Antelope Island website at stateparks.utah.gov.
The Friends of Antelope Island, a nonprofit organization whose mission is to enhance the visitors’ experience, will host a dinner Oct. 25 from 6-8 p.m. at the Fielding Garr Ranch barn. Although the dinner is free of charge, donations are accepted. Entertainment will begin at 7:30 p.m. at the barn.
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Fallen hiker had passion for the outdoors,...
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- Family seeks change as poisoned tea...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 56
- Vernal man claims police arrested him... 37
- Utah argues for more time to file... 33
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 27
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22