Tom Smart, Deseret News
ANTELOPE ISLAND STATE PARK — Registration is open for the annual Antelope Island Bison Roundup, which will take place Friday and Saturday, Oct. 25-26, on the island.
There is a $40 per rider registration fee. The registration fee includes entrance to the park, a souvenir bandana and entertainment. No registrations will be accepted after Oct. 15.
The main park gate opens at 6 a.m. and the range ride starts at 9 a.m. both days. Mandatory ride orientation starts at 8 a.m. both mornings at the Fielding Garr Ranch. All riders must attend the orientations in order to ride and be assigned to a group.
Those wishing to camp at the Fielding Garr Ranch may check in Thursday, Oct. 24, starting at noon. The overnight camping fee is $36 per vehicle, which pays for Thursday, Friday and Saturday night.
For online registration, rules and a schedule, visit the Antelope Island website at stateparks.utah.gov.
The Friends of Antelope Island, a nonprofit organization whose mission is to enhance the visitors’ experience, will host a dinner Oct. 25 from 6-8 p.m. at the Fielding Garr Ranch barn. Although the dinner is free of charge, donations are accepted. Entertainment will begin at 7:30 p.m. at the barn.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Take a breather: 5 memorable ways to pamper...
- 10 of the most unusual laws in Utah
- Man hit, killed by FrontRunner train in Provo
- Youth volunteers plant 3,000 flags at Sandy...
- Man charged with threats of terrorism,...
- Riverton man arrested in 'unique' display of...
- Man found shot to death in Cottonwood Heights...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 113
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 25
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 18
- Provo forum to explore roles of family,... 17
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 11
- Medical marijuana debate focuses on... 10
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become... 8
- San Juan County Commissioner appeals... 8