Tom Smart, Deseret News
ANTELOPE ISLAND STATE PARK — Registration is open for the annual Antelope Island Bison Roundup, which will take place Friday and Saturday, Oct. 25-26, on the island.
There is a $40 per rider registration fee. The registration fee includes entrance to the park, a souvenir bandana and entertainment. No registrations will be accepted after Oct. 15.
The main park gate opens at 6 a.m. and the range ride starts at 9 a.m. both days. Mandatory ride orientation starts at 8 a.m. both mornings at the Fielding Garr Ranch. All riders must attend the orientations in order to ride and be assigned to a group.
Those wishing to camp at the Fielding Garr Ranch may check in Thursday, Oct. 24, starting at noon. The overnight camping fee is $36 per vehicle, which pays for Thursday, Friday and Saturday night.
For online registration, rules and a schedule, visit the Antelope Island website at stateparks.utah.gov.
The Friends of Antelope Island, a nonprofit organization whose mission is to enhance the visitors’ experience, will host a dinner Oct. 25 from 6-8 p.m. at the Fielding Garr Ranch barn. Although the dinner is free of charge, donations are accepted. Entertainment will begin at 7:30 p.m. at the barn.
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- Arches National Park wants to ID those...
- Families need to know of dying decision to...
- Smithfield man stabbed father to death after...
- Chaffetz attorney calls FEC complaint claims...
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah
- U.K. doctors embrace e-cigarettes as U.S....
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 51
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah 50
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 49
- GOP's hard feelings over SB54 play part... 43
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 26
- Report: Spending on charter students... 21