Tom Smart, Deseret News
ANTELOPE ISLAND STATE PARK — Registration is open for the annual Antelope Island Bison Roundup, which will take place Friday and Saturday, Oct. 25-26, on the island.
There is a $40 per rider registration fee. The registration fee includes entrance to the park, a souvenir bandana and entertainment. No registrations will be accepted after Oct. 15.
The main park gate opens at 6 a.m. and the range ride starts at 9 a.m. both days. Mandatory ride orientation starts at 8 a.m. both mornings at the Fielding Garr Ranch. All riders must attend the orientations in order to ride and be assigned to a group.
Those wishing to camp at the Fielding Garr Ranch may check in Thursday, Oct. 24, starting at noon. The overnight camping fee is $36 per vehicle, which pays for Thursday, Friday and Saturday night.
For online registration, rules and a schedule, visit the Antelope Island website at stateparks.utah.gov.
The Friends of Antelope Island, a nonprofit organization whose mission is to enhance the visitors’ experience, will host a dinner Oct. 25 from 6-8 p.m. at the Fielding Garr Ranch barn. Although the dinner is free of charge, donations are accepted. Entertainment will begin at 7:30 p.m. at the barn.
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- See what the pioneers thought, felt as they...
- Rare cancer treatment leaves Provo teen hopeful
- Head-on collision kills 2, injures 3 in Eagle...
- Student attitudes changing on healthy school...
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop officers...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 15
- Union Pacific train makes special... 14
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- New solar panels are symbol of the... 11