Tom Smart, Deseret News
ANTELOPE ISLAND STATE PARK — Registration is open for the annual Antelope Island Bison Roundup, which will take place Friday and Saturday, Oct. 25-26, on the island.
There is a $40 per rider registration fee. The registration fee includes entrance to the park, a souvenir bandana and entertainment. No registrations will be accepted after Oct. 15.
The main park gate opens at 6 a.m. and the range ride starts at 9 a.m. both days. Mandatory ride orientation starts at 8 a.m. both mornings at the Fielding Garr Ranch. All riders must attend the orientations in order to ride and be assigned to a group.
Those wishing to camp at the Fielding Garr Ranch may check in Thursday, Oct. 24, starting at noon. The overnight camping fee is $36 per vehicle, which pays for Thursday, Friday and Saturday night.
For online registration, rules and a schedule, visit the Antelope Island website at stateparks.utah.gov.
The Friends of Antelope Island, a nonprofit organization whose mission is to enhance the visitors’ experience, will host a dinner Oct. 25 from 6-8 p.m. at the Fielding Garr Ranch barn. Although the dinner is free of charge, donations are accepted. Entertainment will begin at 7:30 p.m. at the barn.
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 32
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 11
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8