Police look for suspects in Salt Lake home invasion
SALT LAKE CITY — Police were looking for two men in connection with a home invasion robbery Thursday.
A little after 4 a.m., two men kicked in a sliding door at a residence at 1720 W. 1300 North. They confronted a man and woman still in bed, said Salt Lake Police Lt. Dave Cracroft, and demanded drugs and money at gunpoint.
When the couple told them they didn't have any drugs and little money, the suspects took a purse and a couple of cellphones and ran out, he said.
The men were both described as Hispanic, in their mid-20s and both about 5 feet 5 inches tall. One wore a red bandana over his face and a red Utes sweatshirt. The other a white bandana over his face and a black sweatshirt, Cracroft said.
The couple who were robbed ran across the street after the intruders left to call police from a nearby 7-Eleven because their phones were gone.
The woman thought one of the men seemed familiar, but she couldn't say for sure if she had seen him before. Cracroft said detectives planned to interview her again later in the day.
"After something like this, after a few hours, things start to calm down and they actually can start remembering a little more," he said.
Anyone with information on the incident can call police at 801-799-3000.
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting program...
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of Mormon'...
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- With Boston out, another Salt Lake Olympics...
- Canceled Utah race renews fears of shrinking...
- About Utah: Thousands served by one good idea
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling on...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 138
- Mike Lee plotting tricky maneuver to... 85
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 74
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 55
- Does secret southern Utah meeting mean... 52
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 40
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 34
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 33