Police look for suspects in Salt Lake home invasion
SALT LAKE CITY — Police were looking for two men in connection with a home invasion robbery Thursday.
A little after 4 a.m., two men kicked in a sliding door at a residence at 1720 W. 1300 North. They confronted a man and woman still in bed, said Salt Lake Police Lt. Dave Cracroft, and demanded drugs and money at gunpoint.
When the couple told them they didn't have any drugs and little money, the suspects took a purse and a couple of cellphones and ran out, he said.
The men were both described as Hispanic, in their mid-20s and both about 5 feet 5 inches tall. One wore a red bandana over his face and a red Utes sweatshirt. The other a white bandana over his face and a black sweatshirt, Cracroft said.
The couple who were robbed ran across the street after the intruders left to call police from a nearby 7-Eleven because their phones were gone.
The woman thought one of the men seemed familiar, but she couldn't say for sure if she had seen him before. Cracroft said detectives planned to interview her again later in the day.
"After something like this, after a few hours, things start to calm down and they actually can start remembering a little more," he said.
Anyone with information on the incident can call police at 801-799-3000.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Police investigating man who barricaded...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery store...
- Teen in critical condition after slamming...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 53
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Are you willing to take a pledge to... 19
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should scientists be allowed to change... 10