Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
Editor's note: This week’s edition includes lists of the top-20 winningest coaches, both all-time and active, by victories and winning percentage. Another feature lists each school’s record holder for single-game passing and rushing yards. Some of the top performers may be unexpected.
The Unbeaten and the Winless
The number of undefeated teams dropped from 23 to 16 last week, while six squads picked up their first victory, leaving 15 still working for that first win.
Just one contest pits unblemished teams, and it’s a Region 5 showdown: surprising Roy at Logan. A victory sends the Royals to 5-0 for just the fourth time in their 49 years, and first since their best-ever 10-0 start in 1975 when Jim McMahon played QB. Logan has won 13 straight in the series going back to 1992 to grab a 16-14 lead.
Only one game matches winless squads, and again it’s in Region 5: Bonneville at Mountain Crest. MC has snared the last 10 to lead the series 13-6.
Up Next: Fast Starts with New Coaches
Felt’s Facts welcomes questions or corrections – email email@example.com
- Week 17 NFL locals roundup & gallery: Ansah...
- Prep Wrestling: state's best wrestlers to...
- How to watch Utah football stars, local...
- Herriman brothers say their bond, competition...
- Prep Wrestling: Mountain View wins Bruin Classic
- Utahns who made us love sports in 2015
- High school basketball: Morby's last-second...
- MountainStar Healthcare Star Athletes of Week 20
- Locals and the NFL playoffs: Alex... 1
- Herriman brothers say their bond,... 1
- Utahns who made us love sports in 2015 0
- High school basketball: Morby's... 0
- How to watch Utah football stars, local... 0
- Prep Wrestling: state's best wrestlers... 0
- Prep Wrestling: Mountain View wins... 0
- Week 17 NFL locals roundup & gallery:... 0