Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
Editor's note: This week’s edition includes lists of the top-20 winningest coaches, both all-time and active, by victories and winning percentage. Another feature lists each school’s record holder for single-game passing and rushing yards. Some of the top performers may be unexpected.
The Unbeaten and the Winless
The number of undefeated teams dropped from 23 to 16 last week, while six squads picked up their first victory, leaving 15 still working for that first win.
Just one contest pits unblemished teams, and it’s a Region 5 showdown: surprising Roy at Logan. A victory sends the Royals to 5-0 for just the fourth time in their 49 years, and first since their best-ever 10-0 start in 1975 when Jim McMahon played QB. Logan has won 13 straight in the series going back to 1992 to grab a 16-14 lead.
Only one game matches winless squads, and again it’s in Region 5: Bonneville at Mountain Crest. MC has snared the last 10 to lead the series 13-6.
Up Next: Fast Starts with New Coaches
Felt’s Facts welcomes questions or corrections – email email@example.com
- U. cornerback Hatfield arrested for...
- Class of 2015: Utah high school athletes with...
- Christian Stewart writes final chapter on...
- Ranking the best free agents in the NBA
- High school sports: Nearly 650 athletes...
- Mendenhall's coaching tenure at BYU: A decade...
- Utah Jazz bolster coaching staff on first day...
- Jazz in talks with German center Pleiss,...
- U. cornerback Hatfield arrested for... 61
- Morning links: Fox Sports discusses why... 56
- Amy Donaldson: Former BYU QB Jake... 50
- Morning links: New BYU commit's late... 31
- Dick Harmon: BYU's retired AD Glen... 27
- Morning links: Damian Lillard, Paul... 24
- Mendenhall's coaching tenure at BYU: A... 23
- Jazz not expected to be a major player... 13