Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
Editor's note: This week’s edition includes lists of the top-20 winningest coaches, both all-time and active, by victories and winning percentage. Another feature lists each school’s record holder for single-game passing and rushing yards. Some of the top performers may be unexpected.
The Unbeaten and the Winless
The number of undefeated teams dropped from 23 to 16 last week, while six squads picked up their first victory, leaving 15 still working for that first win.
Just one contest pits unblemished teams, and it’s a Region 5 showdown: surprising Roy at Logan. A victory sends the Royals to 5-0 for just the fourth time in their 49 years, and first since their best-ever 10-0 start in 1975 when Jim McMahon played QB. Logan has won 13 straight in the series going back to 1992 to grab a 16-14 lead.
Only one game matches winless squads, and again it’s in Region 5: Bonneville at Mountain Crest. MC has snared the last 10 to lead the series 13-6.
Up Next: Fast Starts with New Coaches
Felt’s Facts welcomes questions or corrections – email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU downs BYU...
- Records fall as BYU, Chase Fischer shoot past...
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants freshmen to...
- High school boys basketball: 5A team-by-team...
- Rock On: Bronco misses the mark, Utes given...
- BYU basketball instant analysis: There are...
- Red and Blue Recruits: BYU's new commit gets...
- 4A boys basketball for 2014-15 season
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 159
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 93
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU... 63
- Branden Bowen breaks Utah commitment,... 43
- Utah football: Utes' annual game with... 42
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 40
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 32
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants... 30