Davis County Jail
LAYTON — An 11-month-old Layton girl suffering from possible shaken baby syndrome has died.
The infant was transferred to Primary Children's Medical Center Sept. 10 after she was first brought to the emergency room at Davis Hospital & Medical Center unresponsive and in critical condition.
The girl died Tuesday night, according to Layton police.
Tyler Ryan Geary, 25, the boyfriend of the young girl's mother, was arrested for investigation of child abuse a week ago. He was reportedly watching the baby while his girlfriend, 20, was at work. Investigators believe he became frustrated with the child's crying and shook her before throwing her onto a bed.
Geary later bailed out of jail. The Davis County Attorney's Office was expected to review the case for possible criminal charges once an autopsy has been completed.
— Pat Reavy
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- BYU Museum of Art acquires previously lost...
- We're not in Utah anymore — photos of...
- Grantsville residents tell Prison Relocation...
- Salt Lake Olympic scandal 'set a precedent'...
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 41
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 29
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 23
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 17
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 17