Davis County Jail
LAYTON — An 11-month-old Layton girl suffering from possible shaken baby syndrome has died.
The infant was transferred to Primary Children's Medical Center Sept. 10 after she was first brought to the emergency room at Davis Hospital & Medical Center unresponsive and in critical condition.
The girl died Tuesday night, according to Layton police.
Tyler Ryan Geary, 25, the boyfriend of the young girl's mother, was arrested for investigation of child abuse a week ago. He was reportedly watching the baby while his girlfriend, 20, was at work. Investigators believe he became frustrated with the child's crying and shook her before throwing her onto a bed.
Geary later bailed out of jail. The Davis County Attorney's Office was expected to review the case for possible criminal charges once an autopsy has been completed.
— Pat Reavy
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- Teen dies in suspected overdose in Farmington
- Torn between two countries, family of missing...
- First prison relocation open house... 39
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 21
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- Utah lawmakers begin task to... 15
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 15
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 15
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 13