Davis County Jail
LAYTON — An 11-month-old Layton girl suffering from possible shaken baby syndrome has died.
The infant was transferred to Primary Children's Medical Center Sept. 10 after she was first brought to the emergency room at Davis Hospital & Medical Center unresponsive and in critical condition.
The girl died Tuesday night, according to Layton police.
Tyler Ryan Geary, 25, the boyfriend of the young girl's mother, was arrested for investigation of child abuse a week ago. He was reportedly watching the baby while his girlfriend, 20, was at work. Investigators believe he became frustrated with the child's crying and shook her before throwing her onto a bed.
Geary later bailed out of jail. The Davis County Attorney's Office was expected to review the case for possible criminal charges once an autopsy has been completed.
— Pat Reavy
- Millcreek man faces child abuse homicide...
- 7 crazy-awesome natural arches and bridges in...
- Smithfield man charged with murdering his father
- West Valley police investigating Sunday...
- Police investigating gunshots in Liberty Park
- Greek Orthodox parish in Cottonwood Heights...
- Some relatives of man killed by police settle...
- Oldest Utahn Beatrice Payne celebrates 107th...
- With Trump on top, Romney will not... 91
- Utah GOP all in for Cruz, but Trump... 59
- Romney 'dismayed' by presidential... 52
- Dog accused of biting child ordered to... 49
- Utah GOP leaders ready to support... 47
- Award recipient's affiliation draws ire... 36
- Climate change and national forests:... 36
- Robert F. Bennett, former three-term... 28