Davis County Jail
LAYTON — An 11-month-old Layton girl suffering from possible shaken baby syndrome has died.
The infant was transferred to Primary Children's Medical Center Sept. 10 after she was first brought to the emergency room at Davis Hospital & Medical Center unresponsive and in critical condition.
The girl died Tuesday night, according to Layton police.
Tyler Ryan Geary, 25, the boyfriend of the young girl's mother, was arrested for investigation of child abuse a week ago. He was reportedly watching the baby while his girlfriend, 20, was at work. Investigators believe he became frustrated with the child's crying and shook her before throwing her onto a bed.
Geary later bailed out of jail. The Davis County Attorney's Office was expected to review the case for possible criminal charges once an autopsy has been completed.
— Pat Reavy
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Fallen hiker had passion for the outdoors,...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- West Jordan, Murray residents search for...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 56
- Vernal man claims police arrested him... 37
- Utah argues for more time to file... 33
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 25
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22