Westminster soccer: Griffins return to Dumke Field for two games
SALT LAKE CITY – The Westminster College women’s soccer team is back at Dumke Field this weekend for a pair of contests. Westminster will welcome College of Idaho to Salt Lake City on Friday for a 5:30 p.m. game and then open Frontier Conference play against Great Falls (Mont.) on Sunday at 3 p.m.
Both games will be streamed live on Griffins TV and be carried on Comcast 6 in northern Utah. Live stats will also be available for both games. Links for the live features can be found in the calendar section of Westminster's athletic website.
The Griffins enter the week at 3-5 on the season after a pair of losses to ranked teams during last week’s trip to Kentucky. They have gone 3-1 at Dumke Field this season and outscored the opposition 9-1 in those contests. Westminster has split six games against non-ranked opponents while winning two straight games in that situation.
Westminster is scoring 1.25 goals per game while taking 12.8 shots per outing. The Griffins manage 52.9 percent of those shots on goal while also picking up three assists. The Griffins have scored five goals in each half this season with 57 shots coming in the first half.
The Griffin opposition has scored nine goals for an average of 1.12 goals per game. They take 7.0 shots per game while putting 55.4 percent of those attempts on frame. Westminster has held the opposition to just 23 shots in the first half and only two goals in the first 45 minutes.
Westminster holds a 3-2 edge in the all-time series against College of Idaho. The Griffins have won three straight in the series and are 2-2 in games played at Dumke Field. Westminster claimed a 4-0 win at Dumke Field in last season’s meeting.
The Griffins are 12-0 all-time in games with Great Falls. They have won all six games in Salt Lake City, including a 4-1 win last season. Westminster has recorded nine shutouts in the 12 meetings with seven straight from 2008-2011.
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- 3A boys state tournament roundup: Pine View...
- 5A boys state tournament roundup: Layton...
- BYU looking forward to big showdown at No. 3...
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Cougars take center stage...
- 4A boys state tournament championship live...
- High school boys basketball: Kearns marches...
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 91
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 83
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 60
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 50
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29
- Haws breaks all-time scoring record in... 24